What's new

eibach Springs

Relentless

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S
Hi,

I'm looking to fit some eibach springs to my car but I'm concerned about uneven tyre wear, if I fit them do I just need to get the alignment done to with recomended spec?

Also concerned about about causing issues with other parts, ideally I'd like to fit and forget can this be the case? The car is an 06 Type-S

Thanks

your gonna need 4 wheel alignment in any event, whatever springs you put on.

i found my eibach to be less than ideal. you might have more luck, you will also probably need camber arms to straighten out your wheels but not difficult to fit and not too expensive, £150 or so.

I agree that whatever brand of springs you go for a 4 wheels alignment is desired.

As for Eibach i have them on my 6th gen and i absolutly love them and would recommend them to anyone.

they were not sitting right on my cl9, i got bc coils and much better control.

but whatever you go for, eibach or coils its going to be like a new ride.

Thanks but what about this camber adjuster business, will I need camber adjusters on the rear for just a 30mm drop?

Thanks but what about this camber adjuster business, will I need camber adjusters on the rear for just a 30mm drop?
Shouldn't imagine you'll need camber change for only a 30mm drop. Can't see why you would.

i put the 30mm eibach spings on my 2.2 ictdi accord and needed the eibach rear camber arms fitted, once they were on, i had 4 wheel geo done and the car was great. accords are begging to be lowered !!

camber is in a nutshell how much the wheels deviate from the centre.

for normal road usage the wheels should be up right ||-------||

when you lower the car they tilt //----------\\ and you need to counteract that with camber arms, else you will wear your thread, and rubber is not cheap.

The camber change from a 30mm drop should be so small, it's not an issue. That's why progressive springs alone are a modest mod. Coilovers can require other supporting mods like adjustable camber kits, hence they can be a real investment. I guess my wheels are slightly cambered since lowering, but honestly, the uneven tyre wear is so minimal and the handling is way better, so I just take it for what it is. If it bothers you that much rotate your tyres every month.

But honestly, don't worry about camber, for a 30mm drop, it's not an issue in my opinion. Get the car lowered, you won't look back. I held off for ages over concerns about wheel setup etc. But I bit the bullet in the end as the inner boy racer got the better of me. And since I got it done, I've just relished every journey. It's a dream compared to the boat it used to be.

Get it lowered and get some photos up buddy ;) .

The tourer has slightly different spec springs and the Eibach tourer springs are discontinued. I found a couple of places doing them, but they were over £200 for the set. I got a set of Apex Springs from Larkspeed.com. They were only about £120 or there about. They're great though. Ride is still pretty much the same smoothness with the odd harsher bump. The handling is way better than before and the look is great. I reckon it's dropped between 35-40mm.

I've never had a car that i didn't lower, and i've never had uneven tyre wear.

I'm not saying anyones wrong at all, i'm just wondering why the Accord seems to need a kit for such a small drop