What's new

Electric intermittently cutting out

BaxterBurgundy

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 2008
Hello all

I've got a fault I wonder if anyone has had before or if they could direct me in the right direction. I have a 2008 Accord I-VTEC EX 2.0L petrol automatic. An intermittent fault has recently developed with the electrics. When I am driving sometimes the electrics for the sat nav and radio cut out, although the dashboard electrics remain OK. I have had it a few times when starting the car that the sat nav gives a warning that it has lost power and needs to find the satellites again. Finally I have had it once where I turned the key in the ignition to start it and the car completely lost power to everything prior to starting it, when that happened I fiddled with the cable harness coming from the battery and the power came back on again.

It can't be the connections right at battery because that wouldn't fit with the sat nav and radio cutting out with the car running. Has anybody had this before or does anybody have the wiring diagram for this model that I could refer to and maybe see if I can narrow it down.

Thanks in advance

You might have a major failure of the primary cell in the battery, but first I would take the connections off each end, clean the green/white powder off the positive, slap some grease onto the two lumps of lead and bolt down really tight with the spanner.

Try connections first then check engine fuse box I had a fault with mine and had similar symptoms message if you need further help to diagnose and test

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Hello honda-saj,
I see that your post is a few years old now but I'm throwing this out there hoping you might reply. I am having the same problem as described and got a check engine light and P0685 code which then disappeared and everything went back to normal. My connections seem to get quite corroded so I will try to clean and grease. However what fuses/relays might be involved ?
Best,

Hello honda-saj,
I see that your post is a few years old now but I'm throwing this out there hoping you might reply. I am having the same problem as described and got a check engine light and P0685 code which then disappeared and everything went back to normal. My connections seem to get quite corroded so I will try to clean and grease. However what fuses/relays might be involved ?
Best,
Dont believe in guess work so test circuits to see if voltage going in and out.

Dont believe in guess work so test circuits to see if voltage going in and out.
Hello,
Glad to see you got back to me. I cleaned the battery terminals with hot water and baking soda as well as ground to chassis of car. It doesn’t seem to be a problem anymore. How do I test circuits and which circuits should I test ? I have a multimeter but don’t know what I should do here.

Just wanted to update on this. I took a toothbrush and water with sodium bicarbonate in it and scrubbed a bit then dried. I then tightened up connections which were a little loose (and I mean really only a little). The problem seems to have gone.