What's new

Electric Seat Conversion

pauljdh

Members
Reaction score
Car
i-dtec auto tourer
Hi All, I have half leather seats (manual) in my 2007 Sport tourer - I've seen a set of full leather electric seats, wondered if the electrics etc would be in the harnesses etc for a striaght forward fit, or is it going to have to be a lash up or just not worth the effort? Ive done this once before in a SAAB where the electrics were all pre-wired.

Thanks

Paul

I've done it to mine - there is no pre-wiring so I took the feed from the cigarette lighter in the centre glove box. If you want to really do it properly you'd have to get the gear surround with heated seat switches and run additional power for the heaters (I'd suggest a new fused feed from the battery ***uming the draw is high). I didn't bother with the seat heaters though. There are some notes in the modifications section if you're interested.

Hi
If your good with electrics then go for it mate, I believe you just need to run a live feed to the seats like Jim has said. Your right, Saab's are prewired as my mate got a set of leathers and the heated aspect was just plug and play.