What's new

Electric Tailgate Issues

StevieGill

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX GT Tourer
I have a 59-plate EX GT Tourer and are having a few issues with the electric boot......

Although it opens via the key fob, the interior open/close button adjacent to the steering wheel doesn't function. The auto-close button on the bottom of the tailgate also doesn't function.

I've heard there is a 'master switch' in the glovebox, but can't locate it.

Has anyone else had this issue, or can you direct me to where this switch is??

Steve

I'm not 100% Steve but the master switch is only on the saloon.
If there is one in your car it will be in the passenger glove box.
It's a small black rocker switch on the right side top just behind the cover

Thanks Brett.

I did have a quick look the other day, but couldn't see a switch.

Anybody else had this problem or ***ist further?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Having a further read, as Brett says this switch might only be on the saloon model, to keep the boot secure.

Do you have an owners manual? It should say explain in there is this is so.

I have read on the other Honda forum that sometimes the electric tailgate wont work if the passenger door electric window button is broken or faulty. So test that out also. The wiring goes via there I've read.

The pass. door electric window button pops out on the whole trim panel, and just unplugs, think they are under £200 from Honda parts.

Let us know how you get on.

Rich

Although I now own the car, it's currently at the in-laws as our car doesn't go back until next week, therefore access is limited.

I'm pretty sure the passenger windows work fine. As I've said, the boot opens from the key fob, but doesn't close. It also doesn't open from the internal switch nor close from the boot button.

All a bit confusing really?

Beyond that it could be a blown fuse, but without access to the car you cant diagnose.

Checked all the fuses earlier today and all are intact. The passenger window switches all work fine too.

The internal button next to the steering wheel now opens the boot, so bot the fob and this open as expected.

I still can't get either internal or boot-mounted button to close the boot though???

Any ideas now?

All I can think of it's an ECU problem as the tourers has a separate one one for the boot.
Try disconnecting the battery as it might reset the ECU.You will need the code for the radio though it should be in your documents.

Ok I'll try that. How many digits is the code? I have a mountain of paperwork to sift through.

I was also thinking it could be some dodgy connections at the sensors eg the sensors think something's in the way so are refusing to let the boot close automatically?? This sound feasible?

Ok I'll try that. How many digits is the code? I have a mountain of paperwork to sift through.

I was also thinking it could be some dodgy connections at the sensors eg the sensors think something's in the way so are refusing to let the boot close automatically?? This sound feasible?
Did you find the fix??