What's new

electric window... how to reset?

toffee_pie

Members
Reaction score
Car
Legacy 3.0R SpecB
guys

the drivers window in my car has a mind of its own, some times it doesn't close, it stays open.

most likely happens while driving on a motorway or above 60mph .! :(

how do i reset this damn thing? the only way it closes is to turn off ignition.

anyone with similar issues?

please, for the name of our father don't tell me i need a ****** window module or something or i will have a hernia

What's it not doing? Closing? Does it attempt to close a little then go back down like mine does?

If you need to reset the open/close sensor, open the window by keeping the button pushed down. When it's fully down keep it pressed for a further 3-5 seconds, then pull the button straight up and keep it up until the window is closed for another 3-5 seconds. This will reset the open/close sensors.

i tried that, no good. if anything its worse now as it gets stuck now when fully closed. :(

wtf is with this car... i have to turn the ignition off to get it to roll back up, sometimes if your persist it closes and opens as normally but mostly it will get stuck either fully open (and now fully closed).

honda..wtf!

It sounds like the regulator. Did you try a power reset? i.e. disconnect the battery for say 10 minutes?

this is a balls, i disconnected the battery the whole night, tried again now.

when car is running is stays open, and wont close.

only way to close it is to shut car off.

so i need to open the whole damn door apart to fix this..?!
cant believe this, all the problems with this car, is there a bmw badge under that honda emblem, i need to check.

this is a balls, i disconnected the battery the whole night, tried again now.

when car is running is stays open, and wont close.

only way to close it is to shut car off.
Sounds like the regulator so. It can go screwey with either water intake of low voltage at the electrics over time.

so i need to open the whole damn door apart to fix this..?!
Yep, the door panel will need to come off, it's part number 2 here http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__5300&block_03=533

cant believe this, all the problems with this car, is there a bmw badge under that honda emblem, i need to check.
I followed your exploits under "Mayday" and you are certainly having no luck at all.

The BMW reference is funny, as I got rid of my old 325 because of reliabilty :)

a regulator is not expensive but im not paying someone to do this job, is it easy to change the regulator i might get it done in june.

anyone with links for a step by step guide?!

actually f**k that, im not paying 190quid, i can get one for about 40quid from a breakers.

has anyone changed one of these? if its too difficult i will leave it alone tbh.

i think there come be something jammed or something in the window.

apart from the 'mayday' thread the only other things wrong with the accord is the AC which is as dead as a duck, i think its the compressor but i am leaving it aside for the moment, i can get a refurb one for about £160, labour from an indy is a few hours.

What's it not doing? Closing? Does it attempt to close a little then go back down like mine does?

WTH my does that as well.. (but only when use the auto function) - looks like a common problem? - it's not a problem as such as I just pull it up a little (not too much to use the auto switch) and it works fine - is it same on yours?