What's new

Electric window lock button

nick 9-5

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer LPG
When I lock the electric windows on the drivers door, this stops me operating the other windows aswell.

This is in my Tourer, is it the same for you aswell? It's really annoying,

nick said:
When I lock the electric windows on the drivers door, this stops me operating the other windows aswell.

This is in my Tourer, is it the same for you aswell? It's really annoying,
Yup, that's why it's called a lock. It locks the windows.

It annoyed me too. I wanted to stop the kids opening them randomly in the back (and chucking teddy out :blush: ), whilst giving me (the driver) control to open them an inch or so if I saw fit. As the driver has control of the lock, he has control of the windows, so why not just disable the others?

Just unlock them, put the window down and then lock them again. Annoying I know but hey ho

Nasty1984 said:
Yup, that's why it's called a lock. It locks the windows.
Yes but if you'd driven any other marque of car you'd realise that this isn't normal. The driver usually has overriding control of the windows. I don't need to lock them to stop myself annoying the s*** out of myself with them.

adam123 said:
Just unlock them, put the window down and then lock them again. Annoying I know but hey ho
Very, when the Mrs has to ask permission to put her window down, Mr clever in the back spots this then puts his down, then I can't override his to get it back up.

I've come up with a work around now anyway.

nick said:
I've come up with a work around now anyway.
You found the button for the a/c? ;) :lol:

Also same on the 8th gen but all switches has 1 push operation

adam123 said:
The back of your hand?? What's the solution?
Back of the hand would be nice but not possible.

I disconnected the rear window switch, this however, contrary to my logic stopped the drivers door button operating it aswell. When you take the switch panel off the rear door there is a massive space underneath it so I'm going to get another set of switches, disconnect the one on the switch panel and have a connected switch hidden behind the door panel so the drivers switch will still work. I'll then have full control of the rear windows, the Mrs will have full control of hers and the children won't have control of anything #parentpower

Nipped out this morning and done FOC courtesy of a local scrap yard.

It's a bit off-topic, but to ask here:
Is there option when lock the doors outside with remote control, to close automatic any forgotten open window?

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOoVK2OXaCM

Yes like this but with remote, not with key. I mean not to open them, just to close if accidentally are open...

No, I don't think it was standard on UK cars. Probably for 2 reasons. 1 it rains alot in Britain so people won't open the windows much. 2 it rains alot in Britain so the windows probably wouldn't be left open accidentally through fear of rain.

If you really want it, I'm sure an aftermarket alarm would do it.

nick said:
If you really want it, I'm sure an aftermarket alarm would do it.
Yes probably, but my alarm is standard one and I don't intend to change it just for this feature which is useful for me .

Guys there must be a way of closing the windows on the remote as its a standard feature on the 8th gen.
Also Shabs did a mod to fold in the wing mirrors from the remote