What's new

Engine clanking

masterff

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 Honda Accord
Having just had my cars brakes and oil changed recently, my car has just started developing a loud clanking noise.

Weird thing is the car has driven probably 150 miles before this occurred on the new oil.

Link for video here http://sendvid.com/txzwy8mj

If that link doesn't work

View My Video

Oil is comma 5/40 XFG5L- XFLOW type G fully synthetic

Not saying it's do with the oil change but seems suspect.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

what year is the car, what engine is in the car, how many miles has it done ?

hmmm last time I had a car that made a noise like that was about 30 years ago, it was a petrol engine and one of the spark plugs had blown out.

Since it's the 2.2 diesel I could only guess that an injector has done something similar, but hopefully someone else might have a better idea.

I had same sound few miles after timing chain change. Mechanic didnt tighten up one of injectors properly and that was the issue. Check injectors and seals there

Injector seal gone

sounds like an injector has blown out, or the exhaust manifold is hanging/broken. Not too hard to find look over the back of the engine lots of soot?? and if running wear goggles.

Agree with the above, that certainly sounds a lot like an injector has popped out.

Had something similar happen and it sounds just like this. Had great trouble when mine seized in, eventually released them but on first start after re-***embly turns out not without sacrificing the thread, engine (unsurprisingly) popped it out, ended up having to use a helicoil kit, worked though been good as gold for 10k+ miles.

(Long time lurker, thankful for all the people posting and sharing on here!)

Do let us know when you find out!

Hi folks. One of these long time followers and first time posters. Some amazing info on this. I have a 2005 accord 2.2ctdi with 148k on the clock. Uk car. Iv only had the car about a month, loved the look, have the intention of carrying out some work and mods and keeping the car as a daily runner. Used to have an ep3 type r so know how good honda can be.
The car has just had a mini service, oil, oil filter, fuel filter and pollen filter which I carried out. No difference noticed to noise. And no service history with the car unfortunately. Although the previous owner had prepared it for mot.
Have been searching the site here for noises and sounds coming from the left hand side of the engine, looking in on it. That is the belt side. Have yet to conduct the pulley test by removing the belt and listening however on the look of it the alternator looks to have a new clutch/pulley. (Looks fresh) there's a rattle/metallic noise coming from that side, specifically from the top of the engine or at the power steering pump/pulley. Also possibly A rattle coming from the camshaft pulley. Doesn't look to me like there's any movement in it.

Iv a link to the sound:

https://youtu.be/X7ZILbZAB98

If anyone can give me they're views?! Used a 'long' screw driver and placed this on the bolt in front of the oil cap behind the power steering pump on the engine. Can hear the rattle more pronounced doing this. Just on top of the engine itself not so much. Also checked the alternator and power steering pump as best I could. Bit of noise from the power steering pump close to pulley nothing really from the alternator. Think it's the old original longer belt configuration too from the look of it. My biggest fear is that it's one of the chains or both. From reading through the problems it seems to be one that's right up there and a car killer potentially. any advice/opinions would be great. The car also seems a lot more quiet when started cold. The more it heats up the louder the 'rattle' seems to get.