What's new

engine management code.

knight rider

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord sport
hey everyone. i had a clutch and gearbox change last week and when i got it back the engine management light was on so i got the code and this is what it is: P0118 : ECT Circuit High Input. by any chance does anyone know what this means?

hey everyone. i had a clutch and gearbox change last week and when i got it back the engine management light was on so i got the code and this is what it is: P0118 : ECT Circuit High Input. by any chance does anyone know what this means?

ECT = engine coolant sensor

Perhaps it was disconected but they forgot to reconnect or they could have knocked the wiring?

agree with Andy take the car back if you can't sort it and see what they say.

Have you had a looksie about the bay?

The clutch and gearbox are on the bottom left of the engine and half the flaming engine has to come out to fit them, (battery, intake, zorst etc) So just have a little look about to see if you can find anything that looks like it should be plugged in, pr have something plugged into it.

Cheers si. I'll have a look around. The lad only charged me 80 to do it too so if half the bay has to come out thats a canny price. I had a call to say it was ready about 2.5-3 hours after dropping it off and they never started straight away either.

Cheers si. I'll have a look around. The lad only charged me 80 to do it too so if half the bay has to come out thats a canny price. I had a call to say it was ready about 2.5-3 hours after dropping it off and they never started straight away either.

Thats quick for a clutch and gearbox change.

At that turnaround speed, more than likely missed plugging sensor on the re-***embly.

Surprised they didn't notice the MIL before they sent the car back.

Does it feel different?

Sounds very iffy to me. £80 & 2 hours labour - is it really that simple on the 6th Gen?

That seems just a little too cheap to me. I had Andy do mine and it took him just under an hour to fit a new clutch and flywheel, but he does so many of them that it's just mundane to him, (3 already that week :lol: )

I went to Honda for a bit of a giggle to get them to quote and they said that it';d take them 6 hours to do!!!! So that might be the problem, that they put it back together too fast. It might be worth taking the car back to them and asking if they'll just give it a once over.

As Carl has said if the MIL light was on, surely they'd have recognised it. but i should imagine that it's nothing too serious because with that type of job on the 6th gen there really isn't too much that can go wrong in the fitting.

Good luck and make sure you keep us informed with any changes.