What's new

Engine Rattle ?

waynus

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Diesel ABP
Hello guys, i own an 04 diesel and only in the last few days ive noticed a slight rattle from the engine. Maybe this has always been there and i havent noticed but ive took a video, so take a quick look and advise please......... Ive booked it in at Donnelly Honda Belfast anyway for the timing chain to be checked as there's 103000 miles on her and thought this could be the issue.

To me that sounds like the timing chain it should be covered under extended warranty
7 years or 125 k

Wayne keep us updated how you get on.
Just a question have you got full service history or prove of the correct oil used. IT shouldn't make a difference but it might as some members hear has had issues with this.

Wayne keep us updated how you get on.
Just a question have you got full service history or prove of the correct oil used. IT shouldn't make a difference but it might as some members hear has had issues with this.

I bought the car at 85k and it had full service history but not all honda, so god knows if the correct oil was used. Its been serviced twice while ive had it by honda and they did ask me if it had been regularly seviced today. Just hoping they do pick up on it as i was filling up the other week and some random guy came up to me and started asking about the accord. He then told me he had the exact same car and year and the timing chain had went costing him a few grand !!!! So this is why im a cautious about that rattle.

be carefull mate,some dealer even don't want to know about ratling chain like mine ;) .Be strong and stand for youself ;)

Its always hard to tell from a video, but that sounds more like alternator clutch to me? chain sounds loud too

If you get into any bother with the dealer, head up to donnellys in ballymena. From my experience they are better to deal with and they did my chain a year ago with no problems.

Well prettttttty happy, they confirmed it was the timing chain and confirmed it will be replaced under warranty !! Happy days. Goes in in the mornin, it just sneaked in as my 7 years expire in September. Phew !

nice one glad its sorted under warranty and no problems.

That was a result :D

All because of the Smart alternator - did you know your alternator had an IQ ;)?