What's new

Engine shaking when starting?

waj1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-ctdi
Guys, does anyone know what may be the problem here, when I start the car in the morning no engine shake starts smoothly, but when the engine is hot and I try to start it sometimes it cranks but stalls and when it does start engine shakes terribly. No fault codes too...

Waj, this came up on the old forum and I'll post now what I posted then;

I've experienced this too. As far as I can see there's nothing wrong. It's just you get so used to keeping the key turned for so long that sometime it's too short for the engine to start, When you do this, it starts to fire but fails then shakes horribly. It really does sounds nasty doesn't it?
Since I've owned the car nearly 7 years I've do this a dozen times or so, like you say there is no fault code as they're is no fault!

Relax...
rolleyes.gif

P.S Hope this put your mind at rest...

just to add to this with my old car.
this used to do this when towing.
if driving a distance and stopping for say 5min when restarting the car it would stall and shake.
start the car again all would be ok.

Yeah exactly brett, it never used to do that before but as I do a lot of short distance journeys I stop the car then 5 mins later it will stall and shake and then start, sometimes I have to press the gas pedal to start it and it sounds terrible like gav mentioned, but it may just be me but its happening too often

Yeah exactly brett, it never used to do that before but as I do a lot of short distance journeys I stop the car then 5 mins later it will stall and shake and then start, sometimes I have to press the gas pedal to start it and it sounds terrible like gav mentioned, but it may just be me but its happening too often

Waj,

I take it once started, idling is fine and settled and no "lumpiness" on acceleration ?

Carl once started all ok.
This only happened to me when towing.

Gav funny you should mention the battery as i bought a bosch battery about 6 months ago so maybe not being original battery is causing the problem.?????...carl once started everythings fine mate no lumpiness etc