What's new

Engine Warning light after seized caliper fix

Vengeance52

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord
Hey all,

Driving home from my dads and noticed the steering shaking on and off at 50mph. realised it was the front right brake sticking on.

Dropped into a mechanic mate of mine a few miles away, he managed to unstick the brake and get it working (i know for short time) again, but when I started the car to drive home, the engine warning light was on. Is this normal for this light to show up after someone looks at a brake caliper?

I wouldn't have thought so. Which light exactly is it? Have you a piccy?

Is it the triangle at the top? I wonder if he has bashed an ABS sensor?

Its the actual check engine light.

http://image.automotive.com/f/images/10319046%2Bpheader/htup_0807_01_z%2Bhonda_check_engine_light_aka_mil_cel_or_idiot_light.jpg

After I started the engine, it came on with rest of the lights as normal, then it flashes off for a half second and comes back on and stays on.

You'll need to get the code read, but I doubt it has anything to do with the brakes directly.

I have an odb2 cable for my laptop, is there any software I could use to read the code myself?

I have an odb2 cable for my laptop, is there any software I could use to read the code myself?
Not that we are aware of, generally the readers on ebay have the software already installed.

I can send you some, but it is free demos, so not sure all the functions work. Pm your email address.

Thanks for the help lads, was gonna disconnect the battery when I got home, and low and behold, the light went off half way home.

no performance issues and no hesitation etc. So ill keep and eye on it and see what happens.