What's new

ep3 gear box

Relentless

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S
Hello

are there any advantages in fitting an ep3 box to a k24 accord and if so what are they please?

thanks

Aside from the question whether the coupling and connections would fit onto the subframe, engine, etc I'm not sure there's much point in doing this.

The K20A has a completely different torque/power band to the K24 and as such different ratios. I would imagine the K24 gears are taller to support the larger torque and lower rev limit. Putting a box from the K20A in there would just mean that you're shifting way more often and leaving the torque band quickly. I know some guys in the States have transplanted a K24 into a Civic but they also took the gearbox with them.

Yeah i did some more research and its not worth it, thanks

I have done this swap and i must say its awesome, you cant just put an EP3 box straight in though.

You have to take all the internals from the EP3 box and put them in the CL9 casing. One of the shafts are different and the casing is a different shape. but yeah id recommend it, it revs at about 3300rpm at 70mph so its not too high.

In terms of labour its not worth it for me and I've decided not to spend on money on the car unless something requires replacing as I want to change it in the next year or so