What's new

EPS - Electric Power Steering

Most Jap Hondas seem to have EPS, they love autos and EPS in Japan it seems. The older Honda's with EPS had adjustable steering feel on a rocker switch which is kind of cool :)

SO anyone has any update on this one?

I'm actually interested in getting this done, given that my PS pump is on it's way out anyhow and steering feedback isnt anything to write to home about, I might as well remove the pumping losses and the perspect of having to deal with P/S fluid.

The key question is whether the EPS is linked to the ECU in anyway (doubt it cause it comes with it's own EPS ECU module)

I doubt it the EPS has anything to do with the wiring harness other than power input, but just want to be sure.

Of the EPS units, I've seen the link on the MICU somehow. Well they're accessible via the the HDS anyway, I'm imagine it's just a BCAN bus thingy rather than any direct control. However, the EPS is also speed sensitive, so the the EPS module must have some sort of speed input to control the amount of power to push to the rack.

Apart from the mechanical fixings (i.e. remove old rack and new tie rods, and new aux belt, add power, etc). You'll need to see how to configure speed into the EPS.

Our 7th Gen Civic has EPS and I hate it, always having to make minor adjustments to get the car to go straight as well.

My Toyota Corolla I had was also EPS but that was alot better than the Civic, Honda definitely didn't get it right.