What's new

Euro 6 emissions

Petercarman

Members
Reaction score
Car
idtec tourer manual
Hi all,
I was recomended to get a sticker for my windscreen to show what the emissions were in case i ended up in Paris or Lille when on a visit to France recently.

The cost is minimal (about 4.5 euros) and easy to do on line. When it came it was Yellow with a "2" on it.

During the application some tdetails from the V5 had to be entred, one being the emission rating i.e.euro 4, euro 5 etc. I thought that the car was euro 5 spec. but it kept being rejected.

Having read the notes, I had to input the line "type approval number" this started with E6......etc. Do I ***ume that my 2014 2.2 idtec Tourer is therefore euro 6 compatible?

Following this I put my details into the London "ultra low emission zone" checker, only to be told that my car was not exempt and that I would need to pay the new charge if in the London ULEZ.

Can anybody confirm that my car is euro 6.

Confused, Pete.

Your car is Euro 5 Euro 6 didn't come into effect until Sept 2014 for new models hence yours (and mine ) are Euro 5(b)

Hi All,
just been doing some more investigation into Euro 6 emissions and found a table of the max. limits which must not be exceded for the car to be classed as euro 6

Table not to be exceded Honda 2014 idtec (taken from my V5C document)
CO 0.5 0.249

HC+ NOx 0.17 0.144

PM 0.005 0.001

It would seem therefore that my car is Euro 6 compliant unless I have missed something, and would welcome any other comments from members, and their figures from their V5C Reg. documents, which support or negate my findings.

Cheers, Pete.

Hi.

All cars are type approved EURO 1-6 etc. While 8th Gen are Euro 5 compliant a individual car may pass some or all of the required EURO 6 spec, but will still be EURO 5 compliant as in the case above.

R there any accord diesels that are euro 6 my last 3 taxis all accords but new regs state euro6 which I believe is 2016 for diesel

I believe 2015 was the last year the Accord was brought to the UK/Europe. So I doubt you'll find any 2016 models.

We are getting a Civic Saloon though, maybe something to look in to depending on the size I guess.