What's new

Exhaust Replacement

mac5

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 SE Executive
424915_10152305434815104_1888115057_n.jpg

Last night was somewhat embarassing, onthe way to a night out, the exhaust on my Accord decided to fail at the centre silencer, causing it to drag along the road below the car, making sure everyone in the area heard it.

Luckily, I wasn't far from where I live and I managed to get it home, now I need to sort a replacement exhaust.

How easy is it to do myself? If I order the centre pipe and silencer, do I need a new back pipe/silencer? They all seem to be ok, the car having had a new back pipe at some point.

Is it a simple job?

What a bu99er! And on a night when you're going out too!

It'll be easy to replace, the hardest part is access. Soak the nuts in WD40 for half an hour or so otherwise they might not come off lol.

It's 6 bolts you'll have to undo, 3 on each end. You'll be best off using a scrappy to get a replacement from otherwise it'll be a lot more for an OEM replacement.

Not the hardest job Tbh. As Simon has said it's the bolts that are the pain. Do take care with them as they could snap easily.

Thanks lads,

I've sourced pattern parts in mild steel online - £53 inc VAT for a centre silencer & pipe seems reasonable.

In the mean time, I've pretty much fabricated a new piece of exhaust out of GunGum and bits of pipe. It'll do until the weekend when I can get it sorted.

Not just a PITA because I was on the way to a night out - but because A) someone else was driving it when it came off and B) I was moving house on Saturday which resulted in me getting handy with the paste on a ramp early doors Saturday, with a hangover.

Glad to hear your on the road to getting it sorted

Nowt worse than lying under a car with a hangover :(