What's new

Exhaust Tip

wynster

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 exec.
How do i go about removing the exhaust tip? Car's had a good scrub & polish but the exhaust tip's letting the side down.

Is it just a case of pulling/twisting or is there a bolt to loosen?

Thanks in advance.

On mine there's a bolt underneath to loosen, mines rusted quite well though.

Most people manage to clean these tips really well. Just get a good chrome polish and go from there

Most people manage to clean these tips really well. Just get a good chrome polish and go from there
As Shabz said give it a good clean.I use Auto sol and once its clean with this a quick wipe over every week is all it needs.

Ta fellas. Will have a go at cleaning the bolt up at the weekend, the neighbours already think i'm sad enough for one day.

Been told twice today i'll rub the paint off it!

Ta fellas. Will have a go at cleaning the bolt up at the weekend, the neighbours already think i'm sad enough for one day.

Been told twice today i'll rub the paint off it!
:lol: Its when you wash the engine bay like mine it becomes OCD : ;)

Just a couple of shots from my gallery after an engine clean :)

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

Just drown the engine its a Honda ;)

I've not mangaged to get round to cleaning my engine bay up so far but I did clean and polish my tail pipe trims a few weeks ago ( They have come up like new ).

That is an amazingly clean looking engine bay you have there dude.

This is how my exhaust tips cleaned up ( Keeping in mind they were covered in a thick coating of black carbon ).

photo-60.jpg

photo-61.jpg

The car (and engine) looks great! Like the alloys , what's the manufacturer/colour? Goes great with the Graphite Pearl and tints. Have the same idea for my 2.4 Tourer.