What's new

Factory Type S OEM 16" Wheels?

MattyB801

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer Type S
Am I right in thinking that the 03-05 Type S models came with 16" wheels as standard, and that the 17" pentas were an optional upgrade? Does anyone know the "name" of the type s anthracite rims?

Also can anyone tell me how the ride differs between the 16" and 17" wheels? The reason I ask is that my 03 Type S has the 17" pentas, but I find the rise pretty harsh (my commute is along a B-road which has a pretty poor surface and undulates alot). If the ride is much better, i'm temped to find me a set of the 16" wheels and sell the pentas (as much as I love the stance of the type s on the pentas, my spine is also quite valued too!)

Cheers

Matt

Hi.

No its not that style. After ages trawling google, I finally found a pic:

honda_accordtourer2003_13.jpg

They are actually an anthracite colour, and specific to the type s model. If only I could find out the style/name, that could help me track down a set! They seem to be ultra rare, but not because they are popular or sought after, just that most people with a bit of sense went for the Penta option!

Matt

There's no name for them really, Honda don't tend to put names on the oem factory fit wheels, but could be worth your while picking up a set of cheap 16's anyway to try them out first?? BTW what tyre size are you running, just I had 17's (225/45/17) from factory and my car was all soft and supple on my spine :wub:

that could help me track down a set! They seem to be ultra rare

Not that rare for us as there was no automatic 17" upgrade. There's a company over here selling them for €300 for 4. Less popular as only 16" - http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/alloyswheels/3070332

Suggest you try a breakers yard, they are out there - http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3642690

Ok, links are no good to you, but they are out there! :)

Here ya go, they call them Disk/Aluminium wheel (went all out on the names there :lol: )

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__1800&block_03=533

On the other side, the list price for a 16" Michelin from Honda is £1,089!!! WTF!!

My factory wheels are the 17" Pentas with 225/45/17. I guess the issue is that I am used to 195/55/15 on my previous civic which was quite soft. On the motorway and on decent surfaces, the accord is lovely....it's just the crappy road I commute on is harsh! If I could cruise to work on the motorway it wouldn't be an issue.

@ Jay, I think that's Honda's way of saying get your tyres elsewhere!!

@OP, the Penta's were an accessory fitted wheel, definitely not factory fitted ;) What sort of mileage have you on the car? Just thinking a few bushing changes and maybe new shocks springxs could refresh the ride a bit for ya.

I've driven plenty of bad roads over here (Irelands Notorious West) when on standard and lowered suspension and would have to say the rides been fine, and am running 18's on the lowered set up :D

It's got 85k on it and I've just had a mate who is an experienced ex honda lead mechanic under it with a fine tooth comb, no issues reported. I've also had it in the air and there is no play or movement in any components and prior to me it was a no expense spared car with full Honda history, right down to every recall/upgrade to 2011. Owned by an old bloke too!

I think it's just a case of personal opinion that its pretty harsh. If anyone knows of a set of these wheels, let me know :)