What's new

fan and clutch pedal

honda_saj

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hi,

Have 2 questions as a proud new honda accord owner; (honda accord, cl9, 2003, type s, 2.4)

1) when vehicle is stationery the cooling fan comes on every few minutes for a few seconds and then turns off is this normal for this type of engine ?

2) the clutch pedal has catches when pressed as if the pedal is getting caught, if i am right these enignes have a master and slave cyclinder and no clutch cable ?

many thanks

1) yes

2) it might be the "clicking clutch pedal" issue, several threads about this

Thank you freddofrog had a suspicion the fan was normal so engine is kept cool will search clicking clutch pedal if you have any link to posts then let me know.
You have been thanked

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

btw, if you want to monitor the actual engine temperature, there is a built-in diagnostic for the A/C, but it also displays engine temperature.

You have to go into the diagnostic when you start the engine, but you can drive the car with it in this mode all the time. The A/C and heater still work, just that you can't see your desired target temperatures. If the A/C was already in Auto (before you went into the diagnostic), then it stays in Auto. You can also go into Manual mode for the A/C, but if you press Auto you will exit the diagnostic.

SEA3E50K71100000000BBAT00_4.jpg

click on the picture to enlarge

Thanks excellent info temperature stays around middle but if I am in traffic fans go on and off which I believe is normal as for clutch may replace master cylinder as car has done 100,00

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

thanks freddofrog had a play around with diagnostics and all is good. some interesting information there.