What's new

Faulty Sunroof Switch ?

Oilburner26

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord iDTEC Tourer
Just got my first fault on my tourer, the sunroof switch may have become faulty because its now become a hit and miss whether it shuts properly whilst pressing and sliding the button, I've also tried shutting it just just by pressing and holding down the key fob lock button but this only partly closes it, after about 15 minutes of pressing the internal roof switch I have manage to close it, I was panicking with all this rain about, strange thing is the car is not used for work and to my knowledge my wife or myself has not touch the sunroof switch since last summer when the sun was shining do you all remember, anyway when I came home from work today I immediately noticed the sunroof not fully seated it was shut at the front but tilting down by 15 to 20 mm at the back edge, this appears to have operated without any input from ourselves which is now a bit worrying with all the rain at the moment, I would also have noticed it partly open on previous days this week as I always give the car a glance over when walking past it on the driveway every day to check for goose or swan droppings as it appears the car sits directly under their flight path,luckily their does not appear to have any rain water inside the car unless water can get trapped between the roof and the sliding mechanism and I can't see it? ?, so I'm now hoping my Honda dealer can check this out sooner than later.

Hopefully this will not try to teach you how to suck eggs. By sliding the switch backwards the roof slides from open to shut, and shuts by sliding switch from back to front. To open the back edge the switch is pushed upwards, and to close back edge push again. If you are pushing up and sliding at the same time something is going to malfunction. Hope you get ot sorted, more rain to come.

I have no idea on the fault but after you saying you were concerned you couldnt close it again there is a back up, if it opens and you can’t shut it again there is a back up manual mechanism, in with the spare wheel the is a small winding tool and using the mechanism behind the little panel in the roof above the rear seats it can be closed.

I have no idea on the fault but after you saying you were concerned you couldnt close it again there is a back up, if it opens and you can’t shut it again there is a back up manual mechanism, in with the spare wheel the is a small winding tool and using the mechanism behind the little panel in the roof above the rear seats it can be closed.

Now there is a good tip to remember!!! This i did not know!