What's new

Finally Got My Steering Lock Replaced

Shiresy

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord Tourer
Well after my ignition barrel collapsed several months back I had a locksmith sort it out but the steering lock had to be drilled out, so I got a replacement from a breakers yard the locksmith was supposed to be swapping it over but after several months I gave up on him, so after watching lots of how to videos today I set about the job myself, I involved removing the entire ingnition ***embly from the column then taking all the electronic components from mine and fitting them to the one I got from the scrappers, then I had to remove the barrel from mine and put it into the other one, the hardest part of the job was getting the security bolts out as they have no heads on them, a sharp punch and a decent hammer took care of them, and they came out, anyway it all went back together ok and my original keys still work in it and so does the lock mechanism, so I saved a few quid and got it done, in total it took me about a hour to do it most of that was fighting with the column bolts, but it's done now and I am happy with the result.

Great result

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk