What's new

Finally got new clutch in

Shiresy

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord Tourer
Got the clutch done on Friday just plate disk and bearing no need for flywheel very little play in it, my usual mechanic did the job for me he said it went like clockwork, took the car at 8am it was back on the drive at 3:30pm, the old plate looked just as I expected there was loads of wear left on it just a bit of glazing where it had been slipping, felt strange when i first drove it it was a bit snatchy but after 2 days of driving it has settled down nicely, lovely smooth take off absolute pleasure to drive, he commented that in his opinion this was the first time the tranny had been out from new, so hopefully no more clutches for me while I have it, I didn't do too badly at £530 supplied and fitted for the LUK kit

Great, did my CL9 2.4 TYPE S'S clutch job yesterday. It was slipping badly. It took about 6 hours for 2 lads.
a5a7fd0ae582912504f395be5ac58cc7.jpg

So i went for Aisin KH063 kit and OEM flywheel. Also did change main seal.
Disc was worn out, pressure plate had bad marks and flywheel had some bad hot spots.
1401e59e6fc41f8008ee12ad04f5fb84.jpg

27e1b1c21618b65c23d90ebeaa741ecd.jpg

ed7f2b147279ca2393865647659dabb3.jpg

It cost me 700 europen rubles

Sent from my m2 note using Tapatalk

What mileage did you replace clutches at would be useful for others

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

honda_saj said:
What mileage did you replace clutches at would be useful for others

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
Mine had 105k miles.

Sent from my m2 note using Tapatalk

Thanks.The flywheel was making a bit of noise for about 18 months but at the last mot they said it was time to change.Timing chain done at 210000 other than that everything else was routine.Oh , the manifold is cracked also but honda Ireland won't replace, wonder why? I am using it as a taxi for five years though

Does it stink of fumes in the car then, you could most likely pick up a manifold of eBay and get somewhere to fit it

If it helps - Civic diesel manifold is the same part too, but of course, the updated version.