What's new

First crunch

Got it back just now. Total cost of damage £1070. Good job as far as i can tell just now, you can tell the paint job though but its more than acceptable.

Just glad its over...

Next up... recovering my excess.

Thanks for all's concerns.

I am, glad its back and you're happy! Wouldn't be too sure about being able to see the paint job? Had my van done recently, and the guy did too good a job - the factory paint is mottled compared to his beautifully smooth finish.

Glad to hear that your back on the road.

As Dan, bit concerned about seeing the paint job, best thing to do is have a look at it under street lighting, see if the tone / blend is acceptable to the eye. If you find your not happy then get straight back onto the insurance, don't leave it otherwise it will bug you for the lifetime of the car.

Hi all,

Happy new year to you all, been a while since i've been on here but needed advice here:

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/4043-got-a-parking-ticket-on-private-land/page__gopid__90519#entry90519

Anyway, since this post originally was added, I had another crunch (only 4 weeks ago) and this time I wasn't even in the car!

Was watching TV and I heard a thud... Look out the window and find a car reversing in total darkness, the thud was casued by him reversing directly into the driver's side causing damage to the door and mirror.

As it turns out I was without the car for 2 weeks and it was returned to me only yesterday... God i missed it.

I had a fully loaded 61 reg civic as a courtesy and I have to say I was totally disappointed with it, excess body roll... lack of refinement... poor cabin quality were all poor in my opinion.

On a plus side (if there could be one) is that Honda Happiness dealt with the whole thing (albeit a little slowly, but might be due to crimbo time) and it did not involve my insurance, to be honest after the crunch with the truck I would have been murdered by my insurance as they hiked my premium despite protected no claims and non fault. I had to tell my insurance for information only as the 3rd party contacted them to clarify who i was, but I was ***ured that its info only. It better be!

Here I am hoping that i will have a event free 2012 and beyond, I can safely say that I have had my very fair share of bad luck with my Accord. Its been 9 months and I love it more than ever! :wub:

Sorry to hear of the recent accident, but good to hear it is all sorted now.

Fingers crossed 2012 is a much better year for you.

I feel your pain. I had a Harley drive in to me and 6 months on his insurance company still haven't paid up!!! grrrrrrr