What's new

first revision

bbalas74

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4i type S
Hi,
Could you please help me with this question? When do you need to do the first revision?
The Honda dealer who sold me the car in Switzerland said it's due when computer says it (in my case at ~15500 km).
Another Honda dealer in Germany said to forget about the computer, it should be done after one year or 20000 Km, whichever comes first.
Knowing how cheeky are dealers in Switzerland I incline to trust the German guy.
I am interested on the impact it may have on the warranty; as warranty is Europe-wide same should apply in UK.
I appreciate your comments on this.
Many thanks.

Bob you can go by the variable service reminder for your servicing as this is what i use.But some people don't like this feature and have it turned off by the dealers.
They then just go by the normal service schedule set by Honda that is every 12 months or 12.5k.
If you have a service book with your car it will explain this in there.

Bob you can go by the variable service reminder for your servicing as this is what i use.But some people don't like this feature and have it turned off by the dealers.
They then just go by the normal service schedule set by Honda that is every 12 months or 12.5k.
If you have a service book with your car it will explain this in there.
Brett, I think you're quoting miles? If so, then 12,500 miles = 20,000km, meaning the German information is correct.

Brett, I think you're quoting miles? If so, then 12,500 miles = 20,000km, meaning the German information is correct.
Jon they are both correct the German dealers are saying don't use the VSR and the Switzerland dealers are saying yes.
The 15500 km is what its saying on the computer if you choose to use the VSR.

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/partsandservicing/serviceschedule/

Many thanks for the quick reply!
The manual mentions VSR as an orientative reference point. I don't understand what the service book says, it's in German :(
In brief, it appears I can go with the German dealer and not lose on the warranty.

Many thanks for the quick reply!
The manual mentions VSR as an orientative reference point. I don't understand what the service book says, it's in German :(
In brief, it appears I can go with the German dealer and not lose on the warranty.
Bob you have the choice you can use the service reminder or go to a standard service schedule and you wont lose on warranty.
Just go to your local Honda dealers and ask them for a new service book job done.
Unless its different in your country to the UK.