What's new

Fitted OSF ABS sensor but still got ABS VSA warning lights

GAZB

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD CTDI
Changed the front strut the other day and accidentally broke the abs cable when pulling the strut leg out , ordered a new cable from ebay , had to drill the old one out , refitted it but still got the VSA / ABS warning lights on , sometimes when the ignition's been off they go out but after driving 1/4 a mile they come back on again , took sensor out again today to check if any plastic was left in but seems ive marked the bottom of the hub when drilling out the sensor at an angle , will this be the problem and is it now a new bearing needed

The magnetic ring in the bearing is very easily damaged.

If you've tried drilling it out when the hub was still on the car, this will probably be the case.

I'll hold my hand up and admit I ruined one on my car. Wasn't heavily marked either.

Happened on my 05 type S back in the day and a new bearing was needed as well as the new sensor.

I've not had to do the front so maybe different to rears, maybe not, but anyone doing this job please just remove the hub and you can then get to the sensor from the inside to push/persuade out. On the rears its litterally a further 6 bolts (2 caliper mountings and the 4 hub bolts from memory) to remove and saves all the drilling and potential damage.
Only saying as seem to see quite a few threads about people damaging in this way
Cheers