What's new

fitting a towbar without cutting

dazza4eva

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2cdti
Guys, im new here and have just bought an 2005 accord saloon, i want to fit a tow bar to use with a bike rack, really want one that detaches, but i really want one that does not require any cutting to the bumper. all the ones i have seen so far require the bumper tpo be cut. Any ideas would be really helpful. cheers

Iv had tow bars as i tour and as far as i no you have to cut the bumper

Mine doesn't, but there is a slight warping of the bumper; and I have a tourer ;)

I think the bumper wraps round under the car a bit so its impossible to avoid cutting it a bit, although it appears Dan above avoided it. I think the key thing is avoiding a 'visible' cut and my self-fitted towsure towbar avoids that.

When you look at tow bar adverts note if they say 'no bumper cut required' or 'no visible bumper cut required'.

I'll double check and post a piccy.

cheers for your help. does your towsure have the eclipse detachable tow ball, if so when it is detached does it look like a tow bar is fitted or is it completely invisable. cheers

cheers for your help. does your towsure have the eclipse detachable tow ball, if so when it is detached does it look like a tow bar is fitted or is it completely invisable. cheers

I didnt pay the extra for the detachable bits. I dont mind the look of a towbar.