What's new

Fitting hands free, breaking things and wrong adapter :-(

Pilko

Reaction score
Car
2.0 man petrol gen7
I was using the useful guide on here about fitting handsfree and run into a few problems......

I have a 7th gen honda accord. It's a base model, so has not got sat nav, and has NOT got the premium stereo. I am trying to fit a parrot handsfree kit, I have done these in a number of cars now - so thought it would be easy....especially with all the space behind the panel to hide the boxes and leads.

I managed to snap the gear lever getting it off - I have a proper set of trim removal tools, and still managed to snap it. :-( Need to hunt for a spare one of these!

So, I rip out the ashtray, storage compartment, top panel and then the stereo. I try and fit the ISO adapter lead (Connects2 CT10HD02) and it does not fit (looks like one slot is not deep enough). I suspect it is a different one so I do want to make the slot deeper - in case it's incorrect.
So, a couple of questions:
1 - Does anyone know the correct lead I need to get?
2 - Would it be easier to fit the boxes that plug into the aux socket (I ***ume on my stereo the aux socket is underneath the stereo - I see a connection (is that it?).

Sad times :-(

I fitted a parrot a few months back and used an ISO SOT 071 like this one but from a UK seller http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321015894692&alt=web it's all plug and play, I found it difficult to route the connectors though because one of them in a big block and made it so that the centre box wouldn't go all the way in and not open as it should but there will be a way to do it.
Herdy

And you have the non-premium stereo?
I ***ume all the connectors can run behind the stereo in the space where the air vents are?

Yep, I have the none premium stereo. I hadn't though of putting them up there but it should work if you're able to route the up there.