What's new

Fitting Mud Flaps

Redrook

Members
Reaction score
Car
6th Gen
Ok, I realise a lot of people will have made this face when reading the ***le <_< but I have just moved up to the highlands, I work away up an access road, somewhere with a big muddy car park and my car is getting sprayed with crud. So, I want it to look like a rally car, obviously. So mud flaps are a go.

There's millions of universal ones available on ebay so that's no problem, and they look dead easy to fit to the front, where my car has a sort of inner plastic "lining" to the wheel arch. However, I don't have this at the back, just the edge of the bumper (if that makes sense). So I'm wondering if I just connect it with two screws/clips will it just flap about and hit the tyre? Is my car missing the liner from the rear arches??

Pic below hopefully explains my problem. Green is where I can attach, red is where I cannot (small ones are front flaps, big ones are the rear ones).
2i6hyl1.jpg

Yes, I am basically Rembrandt.

Get genuine flaps from a breakers mate, they will fit better. On the back they stretch across to the inner arch wall and connect there

Failing that, if you can't find OEM ones could you not fab up a simple bracket that spans from bumper to inner arch using a thin strip of metal, similar to how people support universal induction pipes?

Josh2109 said:
Failing that, if you can't find OEM ones could you not fab up a simple bracket that spans from bumper to inner arch using a thin strip of metal, similar to how people support universal induction pipes?
Thanks for the replies guys, sorry it took so long for a response, moving house got in the way of car stuff! Ill have a look again, didnt realise there was an inner arch part that would connect. Not having much luck finding oem ones, did they exist for the 6th gen?