What's new

Fitting Oil Pressure & Temp Gauges

John M.

Members
Reaction score
Car
6th Gen. 1.8iS
Guys,

I have a set of oil press & temp gauges and was thinking of fitting them to the Accord as it lacks both and I really like having an oil temp gauge. What I need advise/help with is where to take power for the actual gauges themselves and the gauge lights/illumination as I want them to work inline with the dash dimmer switch.

J.

For something like that its best to hard wire them. But splicing off the clock light is also viable.

For something like that its best to hard wire them. But splicing off the clock light is also viable.

Yeah, I was thinking about using the clock light alright. But what about the gauges, where do you think would be best, one of these maybe inserted in the fuse box for the stereo?

http://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-BP-HHH-ATM-Add-A-Fuse/dp/B000GKEXK2/ref=pd_sim_auto_1

I've now ordered an 'Add-a-fuse' unit from good old eBay, so I reckon I'll take power from the cigarette lighter fuse to run the actual gauges but, I'm unsure where to tap into, to power the gauge lights. The dimmer switch seems ideal as the gauges would dim with the speedo,rev counter etc. Would I run into any problems tapping into the dimmer switch wiring would anybody know?

J.