What's new

Fixing the armrest

Sportse

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 7th gen 2.0SE
How do you dismantle the centre armrest top?

One of the front catches has broken on mine (the one that is for the coin tray lid) - I've got the new part but can't see how to fit it.

Thanks

check this
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1701-creaking-arm-rest/page__p__89481__hl__armrest__fromsearch__1#entry89481
I've posted few pictures which may help you ;)

Thanks, that's great - id wondered how to get the top off to access the inside

Sportse - where did you get the part from ?

snapped mine also :(

I got mine from Lings, they seem to do almost every part for the cars:

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_catalogue_C01.php

It's a good site, put in your details and you get the diagrams for the parts - I picked up a rubber pad for my boot that was broken too.

Some parts are quite expensive though - eg Oem parking sensor kits are £400 vs independents at £60 for non Honda parts.

wow thats brilliant !

so you can actually buy just the tabs themselves ?

I broke the left hand one which would be no 21 ?

Surprise surprise mines broken aswell. Try HH instead of lings, maybe cheaper?

Justin, you can et the real Honda Part numbers from that site by deleting _pfk from the url when you get to the screen the with parts listing. Then you can call HH for a decent price.

wow thats brilliant !

so you can actually buy just the tabs themselves ?

I broke the left hand one which would be no 21 ?

Yes, you can order individual parts - with the part number you need it should be possible to get it from HH, or maybe your local dealer too & avoid any postage charges.

On mine it was #27 that went, the tab for the thin top tray.

thanks mate thats brilliant :)

have you managed to fit it yet ?

if not a photo guide would be good !

I'm hoping to try at the weekend - from the link above it looks like you put a screwdriver into the front of the sliding part to remove it, then there are 4 screws underneath to reach the broken catch.

No worries... hh do free postage too iirc.

i've ordered mine form Honda Derby - it will arrive tomorrow

the part no's still didnt match for some reason although the diagrams were identical !

Furry **** :D

Pm a mod for the discount code for hh.... ;)

Well just fitted my new tab !

It is straightforward but if you are a bit useless like me and just to not have a logical brain...

Just remember that when you slide the screwdriver down to unlock the mechanism you then just SLIDE the two parts apart - do not try and pull them apart !

If you are normal this will be obvious to you !

Just fitted mine, yes it's a very easy fix - all the screws are obvious and the parts easily come apart.

Surprise surprise mines broken aswell. Try HH instead of lings, maybe cheaper?
£4.87 from Lings and £4.87 from HH. However p&p from Lings is half the price of HH. So I just ordered the part from my local Honda dealer for £4.87 which I will collect tomorrow.

I fitted a new catch for the tray on my centre arm rest today, so I took a few photos along the way.

I found it easier to take the whole arm rest off but having done it once, I feel confident that the catch could be replaced in situ.

Removing the arm rest is just two screws:

2013-11-06103821_zps52e40b7c.jpg

Once off, locating the clip that holds the cushioned part of the arm rest is the hardest part. I tried various screwdrivers before realising that it must be quite thin.

2013-11-06115153_zps52c67c11.jpg

Note: This picture shows the arm rest with the metal runners removed. You can see the metal clip that has to be depressed by sliding the thin screw driver in as shown on the previous photo.

2013-11-06103207_zps2969ca1d.jpg

Once released, slide the cushion part towards the front of the car and it will come right off. Remove the two screws from the tray hinge:

2013-11-06103105_zps45251700.jpg

This upper side will now lift out exposing the screws that hold the two catches:

2013-11-06102949_zpsc54c0453.jpg

Unscrew the two screws holding the tray catch, or three screws if it's the main arm rest catch is broken, and fit the new part.

2013-11-06102841_zpsf0a3c13c.jpg

Picture below shows the new catch and the broken catch.

2013-11-06102817_zps3c15644b.jpg

Reassembly is just a reverse procedure.

Whilst apart, I took the opportunity to oil the rear hinge pins for the tray and main arm rest before reassembly.

All good now.

2013-11-06103831_zps0d8f4346.jpg

2013-11-06115205_zps4fd1a9e3.jpg