What's new

Flappy paddles almost forgot...

teddy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Dtec es gt
I used the paddleshift today for the first time in ages,think i had almost forgotten they were there, so you 8th gen people do you use them or do you
lose them ? :rolleyes:

hahaha its been a long day CJ ,guess i won't be getting many replies on this one then,yeah i would like a 2.4 manual but with my mileage and
traffic conditions today it cant be done unless i change my job.... :)

Never played with them - but I managed to break a brand new tiptronic golf autobox in two days :D

2 days is definitely haterate , whilst all you diesel lovers, love the fuel efficiency ,Honda have issue a mass recall on brand new CRV for faulty fuel pump leaking diesel fuel .. No mistake who makes these beautiful reliable pumps Hint it starts with B
No way man the sooner Honda ditch B the better.This kind of thing is given the reliability of Honda a bad rep

I wonder how much it is down to the Japanese banning diesel cars in their cities?

Oh. and that Golf was a 2.0TDi by the way :D Delivery mileage.
thumbup2.gif

Im my opinion even though i have a diesel Honda developed one of the finest petrol engines there is.Its only due to demand they had to follow suit in the diesel market. don't get me wrong this engine is a great one but its not with out faulty components.

So I take it you have a diesel auto then bud?

Yep and it looks like i'm the only one on here so far ,34k on the clock and i will be keeping it for 4 more years at least,maybe then i can switch to petrol
and get my left arm working again :p

Largely because as C***imoJ said, because it is not all Honda.

I agree with you totally - compared to my TDCI Tranny, my neighbour's A4, My spare Nissan Vanette thing, the Hyundai based Combo van I had, my old T4 Vdub Transporter (great van actually) the Honda Diesel is second to none for drivability.

Honourable father had to be told it was a Diesel :lol:

His last car was a Majesta :lol: Currently a 3 litre Volvo Estate.

whistling.gif

At least they're both petrols... They do live in Kawasaki though :lol:

I used the paddleshift today for the first time in ages,think i had almost forgotten they were there, so you 8th gen people do you use them or do you
lose them ? :rolleyes:

I have a petrol EX Gen 8 automatic and only really use the flappy paddles very occasionally at roundabouts where I want to hold a gear, otherwise the auto 'box does a good job.

Hello and welcome Ric ,another auto 8th gen owner,i agree the auto box is very smooth and easy whatever the conditions.

Mine is a petrol 8th gen EX auto and I use the paddles for overtaking on the motorway, it's nice to knock it down a cog or 2, then give it a bootful

Only occasionally use the flappy paddles but when I'm in the mood I do. 200bhp at 7000rpm is fun - very occasionally!!

I use the paddles a fair bit, better saved for country lanes!

221bhp at 4000 rpm with a nice bit of diesel clatter................ oooh music to my ears!

Mine has just reached 34k and in for another very expensive service at honda!