What's new

Flexipipe leaking slightly

shadow2kn

Reaction score
Car
CL7 and CL9
Hi all,
it was mentioned on my cl7's MOT that theres a slight leak in the exhaust, upon further inspection, I found out that the leak is on the front side of the flexipipe... where the mesh joins the solid pipe..

Any help on this please... was thinking about getting JENOLITE Epoxy Putty Repair Stick | ***ANIUM | Industrial Strength Epoxy | Repair & Rebuild All Metals | Waterproof & Temperature Resistant -40 to +260°C | 112g (7 Inches) : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive and putting it on where the leak is before it gets bigger.

Any ideas or other suggestions?

@shadow2kn
From personal experience i wouldnt bother. I just drove mine and enjoyed the noise it made until the mrs couldnt hack it anymore.
Previously i tried a patch up but just wasnt successful as its in the flexi and it moves quite a bit.

Get yourself a new one, i think this is the one, i paid around £35 a few years a go...just check with the seller by providing your reg first.

It shouldnt cost more than an hours labour at a decent garage. They can remove the old oxygen sensor carefully by applying heat. I just couldnt get it off even with the right socket with a slit for the job. 5 bolts in total from memory and a sensor.