What's new

FM2?

Carter

Members
Reaction score
Car
03 2.4 Ex Tourer
The manual for my 2003 2.4 Exec says I should have two sets of 6 FM radio presets but I'm damned if I can find the second set, cycling through the AM/FM button just goes FM - LW - MW. Is the manual wrong or am I being dumb?

IIRC my radio comes up with FM1 and then FM2 also allowing seperate presets for both 1 & 2.

Pressing the AM/FM button should cycle through FM1-FM2-MW-LW then back again. Change the preset for station 1 then press the AM/FM button and see if it changes when looking at the second page.

mini thread hijack but does anyone know how to stop the FM radio from switching frequency witin the same "station"?

my local BBC radio station run multiple frequencys and occasionally run different programming on each. e.g. football commentary on one, chat/music on the other. My problem is I want to listen to the footy but the other frequency is stronger so it keeps switching over. Is there any way to stop it as its really frustrating. I've tried turning off RDS etc and it still does it.

ive an 2004 accord exec with the touch screen sat nav, and I only have 1 FM option on my car as well.

Is this a pre facelift/ facelift difference??

Mine is an '08 and in the top left of the screen it says FM1, FM2, MW, LW.

Thanks folks, sounds like this might be a pre/post facelift difference. I'd tried re-storing the pre-sets in case that prompted it to reveal the FM2 menu. Although the manual looks like it refers to pre-facelift in all other respects...

The manual for my 2003 2.4 Exec says I should have two sets of 6 FM radio presets but I'm damned if I can find the second set, cycling through the AM/FM button just goes FM - LW - MW. Is the manual wrong or am I being dumb?

My facelift 2007 with sat nav and premium sound system is exactly the same with only one set of pre sets. AM/FM button just goes FM - LW - MW.

Mine has fm2 I'm sure.

You guys haven't just programmed two identical sets of presets?

Hmm, very curious. I'll need to go look again. Does the sat nav update the audio interface? I'm on v2.05

I have never updated my Sat-Nav, so is the original disc from 03/2003.
Cannot understand how Sat-Nav updating updates the radio ??

I have never updated my Sat-Nav, so is the original disc from 03/2003.
Cannot understand how Sat-Nav updating updates the radio ??

I wasn't sure it would, but on some systems the later sat nav discs update the operating system as well, adding features etc. and as the whole lot is integrated thought it might be similar. Anyway, checked again and definitely no FM2!

Sorted. Just had a new battery fitted, and when I turned on I had the mysterious FM showing, with no FM1 or FM2 any more!!

I noticed that the 'A.SEL' button was pressed on the touch screen (it was coloured green as if it had been selected). Basically if you're on either FM channel (1 or 2) and you press 'A.SEL', it changes to just saying FM and auto selects 6 stations, then when you press 'A.SEL' again it changes back to FM1 (or FM2) and your original presets.