What's new

fog light issues......

mattlee

Members
Reaction score
Car
Civic 2.2 i-ctdi
about 2-3 months ago now one of my fog lights on my 04 diesel saloon stopped working. i thought it was a simple bulb change but never got round to doing it........

today on the way to work i pulled up behind another car and saw the fogs were both on in the reflection of the other cars bumper..... happy days i thought the fog light has fixed itself

i then got out of the car and switched all lights off. on my return to the car after about 10 minutes i found the fog lights had come on. the car was locked and no other lights were on!!!!

i started the car and turned on the dipped beam to see that the fog lights were on but not showing on the dash as it should when you turn them on. i then thought that it was weird that they were on earlier as i never use them especially when its not foggy, which it wasnt..... i switched the fog light switch to on and off again and they went out.

i got to work and turned off everything as usual and all was well as normal but then i had a call from the office saying that i had left my fog lights on..............

so i have fog lights that turn themselves on when ever they want, even when the cars turned off and locked up....... as you can imagine i came back to it with a flat battery and with a jump start i got the car home!

any ideas?

i have removed fuse 1 from the fuse box just inside the drivers door to hopefully prevent them turning back on again.

i rang Honda and they want £48 to diagnose it but surely it must be something pretty simple, hopefully.... is there a relay for the front fogs at all? ive looked under the bonet and there isnt one within the fuse/relay box

I had the same problem Matt, its the relay beside the drivers side headlight thats the problem. A new one (or second hand off ebay) fixes the issue.Part number 8 here http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=08V3102&block_03=603

As Sam said i would also say its a sticking relay Matt.

great thanks guys. this was my first thought but just couldnt find it.........

so its located near the o/s headlight?

i also noticed that the alternator was a bit noisey when i got it home. its a recently reconditioned unit so should be good for a while.... could this be due to the flat battery? or starting to break again?