What's new

Fog light removal / replacing bulbs.

Hodgi

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 EX
Evening all,

Could someone please inform me how I remove the fog light units?

Or even how to get access to replace the bulbs.

After having a gander it doesn't seem to be the most straight forward of tasks.

Any tips, tricks and advice would be greatly welcome!

You can access it by removing the small section of plastic cover which locates underneath the fog lights.

Otherwise, remove the whole bumper, it takes only 5 mins, easy peasy job

Where is small said cover?

Do you mean the under engine cover?

Changeing the fog bulbs in an accord reminds me of the days I owned a Megane R26 and the **** about changing a head light bulb.... :wacko:

Cheers.

If same as diesel the fog lights have a plastic cowl which are screwed in, good luck getting the rusted screws out. It's easier to drop the bumper and replace from the back.

Salim said:
If same as diesel the fog lights have a plastic cowl which are screwed in, good luck getting the rusted screws out. It's easier to drop the bumper and replace from the back.
Agreed

I have an 05 CDTi and both fog lights were cracked and not working when I bought the car..
Didn't worry too much about it as I thought it looked an easy repair.. I WAS VERY WRONG!!

removal of the lamps themselves wasn't too bad - In theory you can just remove the piece of black trim surrounding the lamp and then I think it's 4 screws to access the bulb but mine were corroded beyond repair and even after drilling them out I couldn't separate the unit without breaking it. I even tried to source 2nd hand replacement lamps but was looking at over £100 each!

In the end I purchased these from eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-4-High-Power-LED-DRL-Daytime-Running-Lights-Lamps-70mm-Round-6000k-White-/120783696718?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c1f44f34e

I removed the old lamps, glued these to the trim and replaced the plugs to wire them up. Some more clear sealant to fill gaps etc and improve the bond and they look ace now! The 70mm size are perfect for fitting to the diesel.

I just picked up 2 brand new Honda oval fog lights and the plastic surround from Honda as it was old stock with out boxes for £100 ! Just to order these brand new was £400! With the plastic trim