What's new

Fool-Proof Mods

armaghmagic

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2iDtec EX
Good morning all,

I have a 2009 Honda Accord 2.2 I-DTEC Saloon (silver) and I am looking to add some modifications to it and I am in awe of the handiwork of some of the posters on this site.

However I wouldn't be great at DIY (to put it mildly), but would still love the "I did that" feeling of modifying the car myself.

So what I'm asking is, are there any "easy" modifications out there (body kit, lights, interior, etc.) that would gently get me into modding without me making a balls of something and having to embarrassingly pay someone to fix my mess??

Thanks in advance.

Hi bud your easiest mod to start with is changing your internal and external lamps for LEDS.
Have a look in the mods section as there are lots more mods there.

Although not a DIY, consider removing the dpf and tuning it for a total transformation

Just wary about how the removal of the DPF would affect my NCT in Ireland. If not then I would be interested in getting it done. How much would the removal & tuning cost and have you a partner in Ireland/Northern Ireland or could you recommend anyone over here?

Are there any mods that are allowed by the MOT/NCT?

Not seen any issues in the UK with mot. I couldn't comment on Ireland but I'm aware that people regularly do them so I can't see there being anything different.

I don't work with anyone in Ireland but you could always send me your ecu and have a good garage remove the dpf. Drop me a line to discuss if interested.

Thanks F6HAD I will drop you a message later.

With changing the lights to LED, is it a difficult job or just a case of 'take out the old and insert the new'?

armaghmagic said:
Thanks F6HAD I will drop you a message later.
With changing the lights to LED, is it a difficult job or just a case of 'take out the old and insert the new'?
Very easy just old lamps out and new led in.
The only different ones are the indicators as they need resisters put in place

Brett forgot to mention the headlamps and front indicator bulbs.
They are a nightmare to get access to, as they are in the front wing.
Everything else is easy.

Ok well thanks lads, might start with the interior and rear numberplate ones.

So are the LED a lot different to this HID conversion that lads are doing?

So is there a particular brand/supplier of lights I should be looking for?

Other easy mods I done red honda badge for the steering wheel,change gear knob,put genuine accord sills on boot liner genuine matts if u don't have any wind deflectors etc