What's new

For all those experiencing clock problems

We’ve got 3 Hondas in the house, all with factory Nav.

2004 FRV, this has the problem and no clock setting adjustment is working.

2011 CRV, same as the FRV, nothing working.

2009 Accord, I noticed that the clock was out by an hour only. I switched off the auto summertime daylight saving and it’s now on the correct time.

All very weird. What I can’t fathom is how on earth Honda didn’t see this issue happening as part of their product and software development. It sounds like a technical issue that anyone with some basic understanding of gps clock synchronisation would have been able to predict..

Hopefully the accord and FRV will be long gone by then :)

All very weird. What I can’t fathom is how on earth Honda didn’t see this issue happening as part of their product and software development. It sounds like a technical issue that anyone with some basic understanding of gps clock synchronisation would have been able to predict..

It is down to the week number rollover, the easiest to swallow explanation I have seen is this one

Global Positioning Systems measure time from an epoch, or a specific starting point used to calculate time. The date is broadcasted including a number representing the week, coded in 10 binary digits. These digits count from 0 to 1023 then roll over on week 1024. GPS weeks first started on January 6, 1980 before first zeroing out on midnight August 21, 1999. It happened again April 6, 2019. The next happens in 2038.

Vehicles without GPS are of course not affected, newer systems have a week number rollover that is eight times longer - 13 bits as opposed to 10, pushing the fault 156 years into the future.

Reply from Honda UK.

Dear Mr.,

Thank you for contacting Honda UK and we hope your day is going fine.

We are sorry to learn about the inconvenience caused related to the clock of your Honda Accord and Honda CR-V.

Please be kindly advised that we have just received some more information regarding the matter and were advised that the Honda technical department are currently working on the issue.

Once there is a fix for this Honda authorized dealers will be made aware of it and will be able to a5sist with this at that point.

As such it would be best to check with your local Honda authorized dealer on any updates for this as they would have the latest information for this and will be able to a5sist once the fix is released. They can also contact the Honda technical department for additional a5sistance with this if necessary.

You can see the nearest Honda authorized dealers and their contact details by using the link below:

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/dealer-search.html

Thank you for contacting Honda UK, Mr. If we can be of any further a5sistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
Elitsa Tobova
Honda Customer Service

Has anyone else also noticed that the Navigation system will now only display a 'hours and minutes to Destination' and no longer display 'Expected arrival time'. Obviously toggling between these two is available in the settings but the latter will not display even when selected.

I'm positive that this has coincided with the Clock issue.

BTW I noticed with the clock issue that in the settings to adjust the clock on the main screen, the acronym WET appears above the current time. This stands for West European Time and seems to be the cause of the clock being an hour fast. It should be UTC of course but there seems to be no way of changing this.....roll on August!

Yep i brought this up on another thread on this topic.
I noticed the arrival time was different to what i usually had it set to. I noticed this before i noticed my clock was out funnily enough