What's new

Forte Advanced Diesel Treatment.

Dan Robinson

Grand High Plumber
Reaction score
Car
06 EX Tourer i-CTDI
Does anyone have any opinions on this stuff. My neighbours mechanic some took pity on me this afternoon with the brakes and gave me a bottle - they are charging Merc drivers £15 a shot for this stuff as part of the service.

Not used the diesel version but the petrol version is brilliant stuff...first time I used it on my 1.8 it was like having a new engine.

A bottle of that stuff got my dads old rover diesel thru its emissions test it is good stuff.

I've tried a few diesel treatments and they all seem pretty similar. Just put bg244 in mine which seems to be doing a good job.

Might well pour it in when I next fill the tank.

He also said he would give me a treatment for the oil. You stick it in the filler and run the engine on tick over for 20 minutes before changing the oil as part of the service. Again, something Mercedes is supposed] to do as part of the routine service - but usually forgotten.

Not to sure on this myself. Will see what bottle is given to me first.

This Forte stuff is supposed to clean up all the injectors rather than any performance gains.

Will post back with any results.

Don't use the oil flush, esp on a high miler plus seeing you use fully syn and regular oil changes theres no need mate could actually cause more problems. No harm in fuel treatment now and again though.

Totally agree with what Sal said, steer well clear of oil flush unless engine is sludge'd up. Fuel system cleaners can only do good when you look at price of injectors :eek:

Pretty much what I was thinking... Now to find a tactful way of saying thanks, but no thanks :lol:

I've never understood exactly what these alleged cleaners do... surely fuel filters are there to stop bits from blocking the fuel pump/injectors, etc? And it can't possibly help with the IMRC/EGR sludge, as by that point it's already been burnt, so will have lost any cleaning properties it may have originally had.

Can anyone actually explain how these additives clean the engine? I don't doubt that engines seem to run better when you add the stuff, as they also have octane/cetane boosters in them, which will obviously perk up your engine for a while (maybe a few fill-ups?). The instructions do also hide behind weasel words when explaining the benefits (e.g. 'may help', 'should aid', 'many satisfied customers claim that...', etc) which makes me a bit suspicious!

make you right on this Jon, I recall a product called "molyslip" supposed to work wonders on engines, put it in my BMW R500, it mullered the engine. If the engine builders say you need it fair enough otherwise leave it out. You can always up the oil thickness and if required add sawdust!! LOL

I think the only way we can tell if these formulas work is if somebody gets their injectors flow tested, runs a tank of additive/cleaner, and then gets them tested again. Would be a nuisance to do but would at least give us some real life evidence.

Maybe I'll do it to my Prelude at some point when I'm bored :lol: still need to take the head off my Golf too to see if V-Power did clean the combustion chambers of carbon or not