What's new

Found my wheels now for tyres, suggestions?

chrisby

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord tourer
Just after my last post about et ratings, ive found my wheels now i need tyres.. Was looking at yokohama parada2 or falken 914.. Reviews about Paradas seem to be not that great but i love the tread pattern and the falkens seem to be the best bet and cheaper for an all round tyre.
Should i go for the falkens and do i need xl tyres or not as the rubber on pentas are. Shame i only just changed them 1000 miles ago with a set of 4 but i have my chance to get my wheels so thats what im doing..lol
All suggestions welcome
Cheers
Chris

Can't comments on the tyres as I've only used Conti's, Michelin and Goodyears on mine. But you don't need the XL rated tyres.

yokos are great in the dry, blooming scarey in the wet! really dont rate them other than a 'summer tyre'. so if you planning to use this wheel / tyre combo through the winter months I would advise going the 914 route.
I had the ZE912's and found them to be a very capable tyre for the money...

at the moment im trying out a tyre brand called Neuton N8000... lots of the saab boys run them and they never stop ranting on about how good they are.
with the 2k miles I have put on them I would say they are better than the ZE912 I had on before

I've been running the Falken 914s for a few months now, probably put about 2k miles on them and can't fault them yet. Grip well, quite on the motorway, haven't had much experience in bad weather yet but the one time I was caught in a down pour on the motorway they never once gave me reason to panic.

I managed to get them on offer as well from Camskill, think they were £68 each for 225/40/18 which was a bit of a bargin.

Take a look into uniroyal rainsport 2. A very decent all rounder in my opinion and good longevity. I've had mine about 3 years and they are still on 4mm doing 10k ish a year. Not a bad looking boot either if that's your thing......

Few good suggestions cheers chaps, i know theres tons and tons of tyres out there on the market, thats what makes it so hard to decide.. Keep them comming though as i havent bought them yet B)

I have the 914's find them better than the 912's in the wet and quieter .forgot to see what car you have if its a tourer you should use the XL on 17" wheels