What's new

Front ABS Sensor Removal

lilcow418

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S
Hi guys sorry I havent been on here in a while.

Ive recently been having a few problems with my Accord first thing, fails MOT on upper arms FIXED. The month after CV joints went FIXED. Then my Lambda went so i changed that. Just when I thought it was all going on the N/S/F Wheel bearing and Pooped its self, im having a bit of an issue getting the ABS Sensor out without breaking it as its seized. Any suggestions? I got a quote from my friend at Honda for £150 inc vat and i dont feel like paying that lol

Unfortunately you'll be lucky to get that out in one piece if it's seized solid. Just try more and more force turning it and hope it breaks free before it breaks up.

This sucks big time, good thing ill be ditching the ABS when i build my engine eh. its just going to annoy me if the lights on. its been soaking for 2 days in WD40

Or if you cant get the gas try penetrating oil.

when the garage in Leicester bust my abs sensor i saw a different garage put on the new one, the old one had to be drilled out and it was some job it seems... overly difficult.

why are these rusted into place like this in the first place it makes you wonder.

why are these rusted into place like this in the first place it makes you wonder.
Brilliant British weather means a lot of salted roads... Hence the rust! :lol:

I sell car parts and we sell plus gas and i never gave it a thought to try that. Anyway guys it broke so i got to get a new one :-(