What's new

Front Brake Pads

Petercarman

Members
Reaction score
Car
idtec tourer manual
Hi everybody,
I have just fitted some new front brake pads to my diesel tourer, and although it was a straight forward job after reading the DIY posts, obtaining the pads from an Ebay site, was anything but.

It seems that several sellers think there are more than one type of brake pad and disc sizes, even though the original Honda Parts site says there is only one part number from 2008 onwards for pads and one part number for discs. for 2.2 diesel 150bhp U.K. cars.

I write this post to warn other members, to safeguard them from having to return the wrong parts for credit.

Pete.

Pete

That's one reason I use my local motor factors which I trust to obtain the correct part, never had to return a part to them, then there is the loyalty discount. Or you can go to Honda to obtain OEM parts knowing full well that they will be correct.

John

These hondas have two differents brake sets for front and back wheels.

Front wheels have had one set with two piston caliper and one with single piston caliper. Both of them are completely different including brake pads
Back wheels have had one set with parking brake in the drum brake, and other is outside, in the caliper itself.

The Accord estate has parking brake in the drum, saloon has parking brake in the calliper.

Hi all,
I would just like to draw your attention to my first post, which says - front brake pads - (not any thing to do with the rear brakes), and 2.2 idtec 150 bhp from 2008 to 2015 U.K. cars.
Now according to the Honda Original Parts list there is only one part number for both manual and auto, saloon or tourer namely :- PFKL610240.

Pete.

TourerFan said:
PFKL610240.
That's not a Honda part number.

There are two variants of pad for 8th Gen Accords, depending on engine. There is only one type of pad for your car. You can buy genuine Honda pads and have them delivered to your door for less than £40 from Holdcroft Honda, so it's not worth looking at aftermarket in my opinion.

2.0 Petrol share the pads with all the diesels and the 2.4s are different to any other model in the range

Hi Pottermus,

and thanks for your reply.

Out of interest what is the correct Honda part number for the front and rear pads and also the rear shoes.

Cheers, Pete.

Is it easy to change the front pads, as this is the first time I have had to do them on my 13 plate accord tourer.

I did the ones on my 06 accord saloon and just wanted to know if the process was same/similar.

Cheers Barry

Pickles said:
Is it easy to change the front pads, as this is the first time I have had to do them on my 13 plate accord tourer.

I did the ones on my 06 accord saloon and just wanted to know if the process was same/similar.

Cheers Barry
Hi Barry. You have probably done the job by now but my experience a couple of weeks ago on my 2012 diesel tourer was as follows. I was not concentrating when ordering pads online from Europarts so I failed to notice there are 2 types used - and the only way to find which ones you have is to examine those already fitted. Of course the ones I got were incorrect - they had square tabs on top and bottom instead of hammer head shaped locators. Also - they were grubby - someone had tried to fit them and failed! I took them back to the local branch - they were very good - threw pads in the dustbin, gave me correct pads at same price. When I came to do the job I found that I needed a 7mm hex key to remove the slider bolts - so sent for a good Bergen set in 3/8 sockets from Ebay. The slider heads are protected inside a plastic cup - flip the end cap off to expose hex head. I took the discs off to clean up the burr on the outside of the disc. The bolts holding the calliper mount plate were very tight and needed a long socket wrench to undo. Hope that helps.

The two type of brake systems fitted to the 2.2 Tourers are the 296mm for 2.2 IDTEC 150 and 320mm for the 2.2 IDTEC 180.
The hammer head type are ATE #45022TL1G01 and the Square Tabs are the Akebono twin piston type fitted to the Type S.#45022TL0G51