What's new

front chin lip spoiler

mohammed

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
accord icdti
hey guys was wondering the thoughts of this product:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CUSTOM-Front-Chin-Lip-Splitter-CIVIC-ACCORD-FIT-/220798529797?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33689e3105#ht_8085wt_1349

it is a rubber strip which fits under the front lip,providing protection and looks pretty neat too.. let me know what you guys think??

Looks good mate go for it

What a coincidence. lol
Just been looking at these and find them quite nice.
And they happen to "warn" you about high curbs, when parking and stuff.
But on the other hand they're a bit expensive.
It's a matter of looking for some rubber strips on construction stores or something.

thinking about it brett mate, just worried about it hitting the speed bumps and coming off as there is alot of speed bumps and my car is lowwww...do you reckon the 3m tape will be strong enough to take on the bumps...?

What a coincidence. lol
Just been looking at these and find them quite nice.
And they happen to "warn" you about high curbs, when parking and stuff.
But on the other hand they're a bit expensive.
It's a matter of looking for some rubber strips on construction stores or something.

lol. great minds think alike bud ;) , for me it woks about 24.00gbp but dont know how much it would be to send over to you bud :unsure:

thinking about it brett mate, just worried about it hitting the speed bumps and coming off as there is alot of speed bumps and my car is lowwww...do you reckon the 3m tape will be strong enough to take on the bumps...?

Im not sure it might be wise to put about 6 screws in as well as the tape.If you can find a good place to fit them.

Yes, a few screws should do it.

I meant that the shipping costs are expensive.

Sufian, if you don't mind, you could order one for me too. That way we could split the shipping costs.
Well, at least if you were kindly willing to send it to me afterwards.

Im not sure it might be wise to put about 6 screws in as well as the tape.If you can find a good place to fit them.

good idea brett mate, but im a bit afraid of drilling holes in my front splitter :( do you reckon there might be another way like a strong automotive adhesive?

Yes, a few screws should do it.

I meant that the shipping costs are expensive.

Sufian, if you don't mind, you could order one for me too. That way we could split the shipping costs.
Well, at least if you were kindly willing to send it to me afterwards.

that could be a good idea, and yes of course i will be willing to help you out anyway possible. if you like what ill do is contact the seller and see if he will drop the price (since we are getting two)any idea on the shipping cost to Portugal from uk bud?

The only thing i can think of is adhesive called GRIP FILL.
This stuff is much better than no more nails and once its stuck its like concrete it will never move.

The only thing i can think of is adhesive called GRIP FILL.
This stuff is much better than no more nails and once its stuck its like concrete it will never move.

than ks buddy,just checked it out bud it seems like pretty strong stuff since they use it on building materials...

than ks buddy,just checked it out bud it seems like pretty strong stuff since they use it on building materials...
Yep its good and strong and not that much to buy as well.
If you were to use it i would try a small amount on a hidden bit of paint work to make sure there is no reaction to the paint.
Im almost certain it will be ok but better to be safe.
Also for the best bond it would need clamps to hold the spoiler in place wile the grip fill dries.I would say give it 24 hours for the best results.

that could be a good idea, and yes of course i will be willing to help you out anyway possible. if you like what ill do is contact the seller and see if he will drop the price (since we are getting two)any idea on the shipping cost to Portugal from uk bud?

Thanks!
Don't worry about the shipping. I'll pay you the rubber trim + half of the shipping as soon as you know the price. When the package arrives to you, kindly send it to me (normal air package, to keep it cheap) and tell how much it was. I won't disappoint your trust
smile.gif

I've measured the bumper from where it starts in the wheel arch and it was 2 meters and 50 cm. They normally send about 2,44 meters, but they say we can ask for a bit more.

I think I'll use a epoxy based glue I have around here. lol

Thanks!
Don't worry about the shipping. I'll pay you the rubber trim + half of the shipping as soon as you know the price. When the package arrives to you, kindly send it to me (normal air package, to keep it cheap) and tell how much it was. I won't disappoint your trust
smile.gif

I've measured the bumper from where it starts in the wheel arch and it was 2 meters and 50 cm. They normally send about 2,44 meters, but they say we can ask for a bit more.

I think I'll use a epoxy based glue I have around here. lol

Cool bud ill get on with contacting the seller,so 2m50 is what we require.

this is the email i recieved from them:

Hi!!,

Yes, We can Send out any Measure up to about 100' Ft before the Shipping price gets really Crazy-high.

The Weight for 2 each of the 250cm (about 9' Ft. We'd send yah) is 22 Ounces & best dispatched using USPS 1st. Class for the Cheapest rate.

We'd Mark the value down to around $5.00USD to keep that Bad V.A.T. Away & we'd mark it as a Commercial Sample (Since *Gift* is against the eBay policies).

Can't really discount a purchase of 2 really since the margin is tight on the raw manufacture cost versus what we sell it for.

It is (Due to the Price of Oil) Costing us $1.25USD per Linear Foot to have the item manufactured.

Best I can promise you is that we do not sweat small little Extra's like what you are asking for....so what you would do is Buy off of the listing, pop us over a Note in the "Message to Seller" Box before paying for it & reminding us that we need to get you out 9' Ft. In lieu of the 8' Ft Standard measure.

How's about THAT for a "Deal & Discount".

Cheers for your kind interest & for the courtesy of posting your question to clarify the matter.

We really like Polite & Nice Customers like that....but "We <3 Kissin' Curbs & Speed-Bumps" just a little bit more.

With kind regards:-

seem like a helpfull and pleasent bunch...

I am a new member on here (as you can see by the post count) But I own www.dcyeurope.com if thats helps prove my worth!

I am very interested in one of these too so I don't mind chipping in if it helps, I do have a civic splitter new and boxed up in our stores, I will check it against my car in the morning and if it's no good, I do want one of these 100%.

I will let you know. But if the splitter fits, or even if I need to modify it to fit I can always produce some!!

George

I bought it because it has a "programmed" bend in all it's length and it's quite flexible. I will try it tomorrow.
biggrin.gif

nice one joooe,sorry b ud i had to back out,my car sits too loww a,d with the lip on i will defo end up leavinin it on the road somewere...but gets some pics up when done buddy...

So, here it is. Not too bad, I think, considering this thing is used in garage doors.
biggrin.gif

Used double faced strong tape.

img20110927101443.jpg

dsc1074h.jpg

Woah lookin good bud defo changes the look,makes a nice subtle difference..how did you attach,any adhesive or self tappin screws?os the 3m tape strong enough on its own...

Yes, it came out quite nice, because it's not exaggerated.
I used a sort of 3M tape yes, and it seems solid. But the product even comes with screws, so I'll be putting some screws in a few days.