What's new

Front Door Speakers

Gazza

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer iDtec
Hi
Do any of you guys know what physical size the front door speakers are.

9" I think.

Hello Gazza,

If your's 'buzz' like my rears did and your car's still in warranty, Honda recognise a problem with some speakers and replace them under warranty. Seems there was a bad batch at some time, they'll probably check your VIN but tthey didn't take much persuasion to change my rear speakers ....

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Graham

I meant 6.9" :lol:

Hi

Yep had the two front door speakers - no hassle - replaced in the last 2 weeks.

Tony

Hi all
Only had my 8th gen Tourer about a month so I'm still finding my way around it, But I did notice that the door speakers rattled and sound quality was rubbish. So I stripped a door down to investigate the speakers and was very disappointed. They call it a "Premium Sound System" well I don't know which bit is the premium bit but it isn't the speakers arguably the most important part of a sound system. If you have not seen them they are single cone plastic framed with magnets about the size of a cotton reel (about 30mm dia) hardly "Premium" After a bit of research on Quality door speakers I decided to rip out all four "Premium speakers" and replace them with Pioneer TS-E1702is and what a difference. Not cheap at about £70 a pair but well worth the effort. A bit of modification is needed but the stock speakers can utilized as a mounting ring for the Pioneers So no holes are drilled in the door or door card.

Hi all
Only had my 8th gen Tourer about a month so I'm still finding my way around it, But I did notice that the door speakers rattled and sound quality was rubbish. So I stripped a door down to investigate the speakers and was very disappointed. They call it a "Premium Sound System" well I don't know which bit is the premium bit but it isn't the speakers arguably the most important part of a sound system. If you have not seen them they are single cone plastic framed with magnets about the size of a cotton reel (about 30mm dia) hardly "Premium" After a bit of research on Quality door speakers I decided to rip out all four "Premium speakers" and replace them with Pioneer TS-E1702is and what a difference. Not cheap at about £70 a pair but well worth the effort. A bit of modification is needed but the stock speakers can utilized as a mounting ring for the Pioneers So no holes are drilled in the door or door card.

Is your car not under warranty?

Like you, I want to change my speakers as well but waiting for my warranty to die first before I make any wholesale changes (and there's the other part of me very tempted to switch to the facelift 8th Gen as well)!

Is your car not under warranty?

Like you, I want to change my speakers as well but waiting for my warranty to die first before I make any wholesale changes (and there's the other part of me very tempted to switch to the facelift 8th Gen as well)!
Its just out of the three year Manufactures warranty but has got a years Honda warranty. Who's going to know the speakers have been changed, chance you take. Ive had 7 Accords so far and never made a Warranty claim ( I know all ways a first time )

Warranty or not, things have to be of merchantable quality, and there is obviously an issue. I would put your dealers on notice, and state that you expect the replacements to last, or you will exercise your rights under the sale of goods act.

Warranty or not, things have to be of merchantable quality, and there is obviously an issue. I would put your dealers on notice, and state that you expect the replacements to last, or you will exercise your rights under the sale of goods act.
Please read my original post . The stock speakers are ***** i upgraded them at my own cost because i wanted better sound.

Well excuse me. I was responding to saj and the others with the problem wth stock speakers.

Thankfully I have only had one replaced (but was on hand to ensure all door cards stripped to check the others). On the ***umption I update for a facelift, I'll probably ask to see whether I can change the speakers for a new set of my own and hope that that doesnt invalidate the warranty or, if I keep this one, I'll wait till the warranty elapses at the end of next year and change them then.

Overall, I cant fault the sound quality of the system - I think its very good for stock OEM - but as with all things audio/electronic, it doesnt matter who makes them - there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

Hi Guys - want a bit of a laugh ...

I posted earlier my local dealer agreed to replace my buzzing rears ... well, after waiting a while for the speakers to arrive - the technician replaced the FRONT pair - he said - it's usually the front speakers that buzzzz. Anyway - honest guy he was - he took another look at the ones he'd taken out of the fronts and said - well - they weren't that good anyway - and then ordered up another pair for the rears.

So another couple of weeks went by and now I have new rears too.

The buzzing has all gone and at last I can properly balance the sound - and you know what - it's not that bad ... beats the Beamer 5s I once had and the S60 with 'really good surround sound'

So - maybe I'm the lucky one who got 4 warranty replacements when only 2 were promised. Did a neat job with the panels too.

Nice on Honda - mate.

Cheers Guys ;)