What's new

Front fog light bulb replacement on 04 Tourer

SCOTTP999

Members
Reaction score
Car
04 CTDI TOURER
Hi all

still tinkering about with the CDTI Tourer !!! decided to upgrade the fog light bulbs on the car as I have an HID kit ordered for the headlights. Got the owners manual out, looked easy peasy until i took the bottom apron of the bumper and looked behind the bumper to where the fog light unit is.

The view I get looks nothing like the pic in the manual!! There is no access to the bulb from behind where it is supposed to. Looked around for a while but nope - cannot get the bulb as there is a solid bracket behind the unit and the bulb isnt visible at all- theres a grey silver housing where I ***ume the bulb is,

anyone else had this problem or do you have to take the fog light housing screw out from the front?? (the screw is rusted so will have to be drilled out!)

im stumped! car is an 04 Tourer CTDI Sport.

cheers :eek:

IIRC you undo the brackets holding the foglight and remove the unit completely. There are then 4 small phillips head screws on the underside, undo these and the bulb is easily viewable and can be removed. Its a ballache to do but is possible :)

Hi mate

are the brackets accessible on the inside of the bumper?? will the rusted screw on the outside hold me back?? :eek:

IIRC you undo the brackets holding the foglight and remove the unit completely. There are then 4 small phillips head screws on the underside, undo these and the bulb is easily viewable and can be removed. Its a ballache to do but is possible :)

How did that work out for you Scott? Going to attempt it this weekend.