What's new

front fogs

welsh_decs

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 2.2 I-CTDi
hey I have got a slight problem with my accord. my front fogs stay constantly on (I have removed the fuse for them and that turns them off) but the whole time I have the fuse in the fogs are on even without a key in the ignition. I have taken it to a garage and they can't work it out and have asked me if I can get hold of a wiring diagram to help them.

does anyone have one of these?

or does anyone have any theories into what it could be

or does anyone have any theories into what it could be

Stuck relay. Check with your owners manual, it'll list the relay location for the front fog lights. Check to see if it's working.

I've just looked it up for you. It's in the under-hood fuse/relay box. Access this and turn the lid upside down, there'll be picture that correspond to the front fogs.....

BUT only if these are factory fit. If the fog lights were an accessory add-on (e.g. on an basic SE) then the foglight relay will be at the driver's footwell behind the switch.

where would i purchase a new relay from are they all the same or different (a bit like fuses) i havent done much with auto electrics

where would i purchase a new relay from are they all the same or different (a bit like fuses) i havent done much with auto electrics

They are pretty standard - you could get at a dealer or motor factors. Had to do an A/C one over the summer on a Civic - €10 to replace. If in doubt bring the same one into the shop and they'll match it for you.

They vary a little bit more than fuses as there's single-pole / double pole along with rating.

I had the same problem with them staying on. walking back to the car after i finished work i thought it was a little odd that my fog lights were on and looking quite dim, frigging things had drained my battery. The relay at fault though isn't in the fuse box, its underneath and to the side of the drivers side headlight. Uk prices were a little more than i wanted to pay so i got the part through ebay (relay was in california), new relay fitted and fog lights were working properly again.

The relay at fault though isn't in the fuse box, its underneath and to the side of the drivers side headlight.

According to the ESM it's here(?)

relay_zpsea39280b.jpg

jayok i have just been in the engine bay of my car and can't find anything for the fogs looking in that area there are several boxes there but nothing for fogs,

sam is there anyway you could either do a pic or give me a better idea of where under the headlight the the relay is?

not in the engine bay. Unscrew the bumper at the drivers side and pull the corner of the bumper out, look underneath the side of the headlight and you will see the relay, it has a bolt securing it. I changed mine without removing the bumper, just pulling the corner out and getting a ratchet on it.

Jay, there may be more than one relay, but the one i've pointed to is the one that usually fails as its the one thats more exposed to the elements

Strange, it's there for me. Must be a diesel difference.

Jay, there may be more than one relay, but the one i've pointed to is the one that usually fails as its the one thats more exposed to the elements

It's cool - once it's sorted, we'll learn and move on! :)

i will wait for the light of day tomorrow to do it so its under the headlight towards the wing? so unbolt it and get a new one

i will wait for the light of day tomorrow to do it so its under the headlight towards the wing? so unbolt it and get a new one

exactly, you'll see its only a few inches away from the wheelarch. cant remember if it was a 10mm or 12mm socket i used, i think i may have been a 10