What's new

front grill from facelift

vytas

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0
Hello. I have a question, does the front grill from facelift fits in prefacelift model? If no, maybe you know where can i find aftermarket one?

I think it should fit, from memory they just changed the badge & slats. As for aftermarket ones there's not much choice other than buying a Type-R grill as far as I'm aware. Or you can just make your own, I did :)

9bd5e2ee.jpg

nice picture! thanks for info i will look for facelift one

It will fit no problems but becarefull when removing the nuts/bolts that secure the grill as they have a tendancy to snap. Give them a little spray with WD40 first and let it soak in for a bit. ;)

ok thanks for the tip. I allready seen your post about that somewhere :)

hi mate, just to confirm for more piece of mind they will fit fine :) I have a 2001 grill on my 2000 as the previous specimen that owned it ruined the standard one... I personally think the 01 slated grill looks a lot smarter and less chavy than the standard 2000 plastic mesh grill - also is a bit better free flowing for airflow as the plastic mesh doesn't have many actual holes venting through it's mesh which is a bit retarded in my opinion...

hope this helps bro.

now i doubt if its gona fit !! yes maybe it will , but it might not mach old bumper and will leave spaces somehow? this picture confuses me

honda-accord-vi-i-es-sedanas-1999-6.jpg

Yes it will fit no problems!!!! There was actually no change to the bonnet etc.. The grills where all the same, just dif styles! So don't worry about it mate :)

The grills aren't quite the same. The facelift ones are thinner at the far left/right edges, and pointier on the bottom edge. They are interchangeable, but you can see little gaps (like in the pic above which is obv meant to have a pre grill).