What's new

Front Headlight bulbs

Uncle_Gravy

Members
Reaction score
Car
09 Accord CU2 Manual
Hey everyone,

Noticed the driver side headlight wasn't working, but luckily the old man had a spare "Superior Brilliance" bulb from halfrauds, after about 10 mins of squeezing my hand in the smallest gap got it changed, Tonight was the first time i've driven it at night...And the lights are borderline dangerous imo, they do not light up the road what so ever, might aswell have the side lights on only, really bad.

So i'm after some advice on what to replace the bulbs with, preferably rather something that doesn't need an extra kit installation, just a H1 bulb replacement that's legal, bright and will pass a future MOT.

Cheers.

Borderline dangerous? Have you got the bulb the right way up? Sounds daft, but easy done :blush: http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/12068-diy-7th-gen-dipped-beam-headlight-bulb-change/

Do a search, there's TONS of stuff on headlights -you're not the only one who isn't thrilled with them.

Personally I'd avoid NightBreakers (though plenty like them) as (for me) they last about 10 minutes and you're back to squeezing your hand in (did you remove the top of the washer bottle?). I think having clean polished headlamps makes a big difference -the headlight washers look impressive but don't really do much to shift dirt. There a link to a US site somewhere about the pros and cons of HID conversion that raises an interesting point: A light pool on the front of the car (where it's too late to do anything about it) isn't as good as you might think -it's how things in the distance that you're approaching are illuminated that's important.

Let us know how you get on...

Cheers for that, Not sure about the bulb position but wouldn't hurt to change them around to see if that makes a difference, I read that thread before about removing the top of the water bottle, but on mine its more of long plastic pipe? going down in to the bay and thin metal pipes, its not too bad to change, I find it easier than my Clio which was rubbish.

I literally have to lift myself up to see over the bonnet where I can see light shining on the road, its bad, flick full beam on and it lights the whole road up, flick it off, it really makes me think i've only got side lights on, My clio shines the road much better, even to a point people actually flash me thinking they're full beam.

I'll have a look around, but I'd really prefer it to stay with bulbs and away from HID kits.

Just been recommended Philips X-Treme Vision bulbs, so i'll have a looky at them.

Philips & Osram make great quality bulbs - but as a personal opinion HID kits are the best, I will never use a car with Halogens, either a factory fitted HID kit or aftermarket one...

let us know what you decide on ;)

Should of updated this earlier but i've rotated the bulbs...and it lights the whole bloody road up *Facepalm*, so i had a quiet word with myself this weekend.

Maybe in the future I might consider going HID, but at the minute, as much as I love the car, I would love to get the 2.4 Type S, which I would like to (if not already) enhance.