What's new

front jdm style plate

cnjaccord

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 type s
Do you need to buy a jdm bracket for the plate or can it be attached straight to the bumper?
I understand that the original 2 holes need to filled, was thinking colour coded brackets could do the job

Oz (blue guru) is your man for this one.

i suspect a bracket is the wsy to go

Do you need to buy a jdm bracket for the plate or can it be attached straight to the bumper?
I understand that the original 2 holes need to filled, was thinking colour coded brackets could do the job

It can be stuck straight on to the bumper but it sits at a slight angle. The bracket would give it more strength also as the number of people who have tried to pull mine off, as a joke, it isn't funny :(

TJCKnockhill484.jpg

It can be stuck straight on to the bumper but it sits at a slight angle. The bracket would give it more strength also as the number of people who have tried to pull mine off, as a joke, it isn't funny :(

TJCKnockhill484.jpg

what did you use to fill the plate holder holes bud??? iv been holding back putting mine on as i didnt want the nasty holes....

You'll have to find these type of anchors with a hexagonal head, for example. My caps are not the usual ones, but I just don't remember where I got them, sorry.

I bought a genuine japanese honda number plate holder from an ebay seller in japan. With that i used the rubber plugs that hold the original uk number plate holder on, in the 2 holes that are further in after enlargening them again. It does add a bit more strength to the plate as the bumper comes to a point right behind the plate, so its fitted really securely. My rubber plugs and original bolts had seen better days so i bought new plugs and bolts from honda for about £12 and used them this weekend at JAE. You can still fit the plates without a holder too, as i bolted my show plate directly to the bumper as the ebay seller i got the plates off sent the wrong size but there wasnt enough time to sort it, and they still fit so i just rolled with it, lol!

Plate with oem honda plate holder and the outer holes filled and smoothed

614983_469206963112718_239756477_o.jpg

Show plate directly bolted to the front bumper

IMAG0419.jpg

Will this fit?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JDM-GENUINE-HONDA-PLATE-HOLDER-CIVIC-DC2-PRELUDE-FIT-EF-/190715231620?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c67837d84

Also what size of blanking grommets would i need for the original plate holes? Would 6mm be to small? Just so i have all ready when i go to do the job ;)

Will this fit?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JDM-GENUINE-HONDA-PLATE-HOLDER-CIVIC-DC2-PRELUDE-FIT-EF-/190715231620?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c67837d84

Thats exactly what im using on my car right now! Thats the same ebay seller i bought mine from too, lol

Also what size of blanking grommets would i need for the original plate holes? Would 6mm be to small? Just so i have all ready when i go to do the job ;)

No idea buddy, as i had mine filled and smoothed

I got a bracket from the US

I'm using my old number plate from my DC5 which uses slightly smaller letters

It came for the wrong side of the car to what I wanted but it's fitted for now.

Took the bumper off and sent it to get the hole filled and complete respray

accord2011a.jpg

sorry bad pic