What's new

Front offset wheel noise

Havoc

Members
Reaction score
Car
Ford :/
Evening guys.

I came across this problem recently. as topic says its noise from front offset wheel. Its squeaky noise and I can mainly hear it when turning. Tried to lift car, put down wheel and spray WD into numerous joints but didnt help. Noise is coming from something that is hidden behind brake disc. When I lifted up car - no noise. After I put it down, noise came again. Its really loud. I tried to WD gear-wheel that is behind brake disc and noise was supressed on few little squeaks. After raindrop, same like before. I need to be sure what it is. Thanks for any help and sorry for mistakes, Im on tablet.

Probably one (or both) the ball joints are in their last days of life.

Well if u mean the upper one where is suspension arm connected to knuckle, thats the one i changed on both size in the end december. If u meant something else please let me know.

There is one at the top and another at the bottom of the knuckle.
Why did you replace them? Did you use Honda parts? Using cheap ball joints can result in creaks and squeaky noises,

When I had my Citroen AX, I replaced both ball joints, and after a few weeks, they started to creak and squeak allover the place. I managed to put a bit of oil inside the rubber boot, and the noises stopped for a while, but they were always coming back, until I replaced with more expensive parts...

yes i found it now. Its lower ball joint. I wrote I only replaced upper joint. I didnt replace lower as its there since car was made. and yes im using original honda parts.