What's new

Front Speakers

Nipper

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 EX Tourer
Hi All,

Had my front door speakers changed under warranty yesterday at Town & Country in Aberdeen. I had been suspicious for a while that there was a minor problem. What a difference it has made, sounds like a new sound system. Worth all 8th gen owners just having a check as the problem can occur with just about any music at any volume.

so what was the problem

I had the same problem on mine, a batch of the speakers had a fault where they blow and sounds terrible, had mine replaced under warranty.

Saying that they only replaced the ones that were blown and not all of them which is a shame, so check them all before taking it in.

The speaker issue is probably the most common failure on the 8th Gen. I know as I have had three rear door speakers replaced in 8 months! All fuss free though.

Does anyone know what OEM they are?

When the warranty expires, I'll upgrade them for sure. But for now, quite happy to trot along to Honda and have them replaced as/when needed! :D

I will keep an eye om mine then but there all good at the min.

I too had the drivers door speaker done the day I picked the car up. Having a chat to the engineer, this is a very common problem and no cure known, just keep changing them!

Hi

We've had both the front door speakers replaced in the last couple of weeks. It's a strange failure to be certain but seems very common.

Tony

Hi

We've had both the front door speakers replaced in the last couple of weeks. It's a strange failure to be certain but seems very common.

Tony

Hope that this has been remedied for the facelift 8th Gen. Its one area that HOnda has let itself down with poor speaker longevity - however they do redeem themselves by their warranty and replace them without even batting an eyelid. Kudos to them for that :)