What's new

Fuel and exhaust system decarbonizer

mike.bates24

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord type V
I am hoping to buy an Accord when I return to the UK (four weeks today, not that I'm counting) and have been advised that high mileage petrol Accords are worth considering because the their long engine life. This is good news, but I started to wonder whether I would need to send off the injectors, replace the O2 sensors, clean out the EGR, etc. etc. I was watching a fairly recent episode of Wheeler Dealers that someone had uploaded to You Tube, in which a Jaguar XK8 (I think) was being given the once over. Edd China wheeled out this bit of kit made by a firm called Terraclean which is supposed to decarbonize the entire fuel system, combustion chambers, and exhaust system. It uses some special chemicals which are fed in through the fuel-rail, and after about an hour, seems to produce impressive results. It seems that the company is selling the machines to garages around the country (the nearest one to me is Bracknell) and doing a roaring trade. I would be interested to know if anyone has used this service yet and is able to comment. In case anyone is interested, I will add a link for the Youtube video explaining the system and also the one with Edd China using it on the Jag.

Terraclean

Wheeler Dealers - Jag decarbonizing

I saw this episode aswell, looked like a great piece of kit. :)

Saw that episode too, and I was waiting for the results to be only marginally better, but it really did change the Co2 levels of that car completely...wow. :eek:

Watch from 7mins in....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3JDlRKFFERg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've read a few bits and peices on this bit of kit, and have yet to see a negative comment about them.

The only comment that was anywhere near negative was by a bloke who owned a garage, and said that the machine cost a little too much to begin with :lol:

So i'd say go for it.

Hi I have seen the program too. I am looking for a place that does it near Sheffield if anyone can help?

I bought a high mileage Honda accord with 135k mileage on it, as I know they will run for ever. I want to clean the fuel system to restore some of the original performance. Ideally I would like someone to ultrasonicly clean the fuel injectors and throttle body, but am having trouble finding a garage that can do it and find it hard to trust garage's, as I always go to improve something but car comes back worse.

I know that halfords garage offer a fuel treatment soultion, by putting some cleaning product in the fuel tank and running the car for a bit, but will this work? I am concerned that this may cause damage? For example where will the dirt go? Will the fuel filter get clogged up?

Someone please give me some advice ? I do use Redex at the moment have not noticed better performance or better fuel economy.

A waveform they showed: The same waveform you can get without terraclean... First waveform is when engine is at idle, second is at higher rpm without any blahblah things.
And if you want to clean combustion chambers, oxygen sensor, or catalytic converter then ride you car at high rpm for a while, use higher octane gasoline and everything will be fine...

If this system is really good then this thing is a great turbocharger.

Thats only my opinion. don't take too serious if you think otherwise

So you don't rate it then ? :lol:

There have been many opinions aired on the use of fuel additives. There was a feature on 5th Gear a little while ago, and the result was only based on the HP output. And that was just showing that there was actually a reduction in power whilst the stuff was in the tank/engine.

As for whether or not they actually work, you should just do as much research as you can, and make your own mind up. If it were up to me, i'd just clean the EGR valve and plate, and then look at getting the injectors cleaned. But as i've said before, if you do get the cleaned, make sure that the company doing it will also flow match them.